Chapter 11

Nikki's POV

It's been a few days since I woke up in Ryder's room. I told my mom about what happened and she wasn't surprised that I shifted so soon. I opened up to Ryder about a lot of things and he did the same to me and he some how convinced my mom to sign the papers allowing me to graduate early. He was in the same situation, he could graduate but didn't want to as he was looking for his mate, which he found. So I am now officially done with school but I still get to see Kiara and Khensi because, to my surprise, they were both werewolves. I also found out that Kiara was mated to Ryder's Beta, Alex and Khensi was mated to Ryder's Delta, Sam.

******

Tomorrow was the Luna ceremony, I would be lying if I said that i wasn't nervous and scared shitless. The ceremony basically allows me to connect with the pack through the mind link, it also allows me to feel every pack members presence, so if someone in the pack dies I will be able to feel it as well as Ryder. The way in which the ceremony proceeded scared me because I knew it would hurt. Every pack member that has shifted has to take the metal rod with the packs Crest on it and burn me in the same place. EVERY PACK MEMBER THAT HAS SHIFTED, this includes Ryder but he has to be the last one. He knows the pain I will be going through because for him to take his place as Alpha, every pack member had to burn him with the metal rod, shifted or not.

******

Ryder is addressing the pack on how the ceremony will proceed. First all the high ranks will go besides him, so the Beta, Delta, Head warrior and so on then their mates will go, after that everyone else that has shifted and then lastly he will go. He also explains that once a person has gone they are to leave and go back to their normal lives. The ceremony began and up came the first person which was Alex followed by Sam and then the Head Warrior, after them came their mates. Every time someone puts the burning hot rod to my thigh I scream out in pain

******

After about 2 hours everyone had gone except for Ryder. He came up, took the stick and before placing it on my thigh he said,"I Ryder Bennett welcome you Nikki Winters to the White Crescent Moons." He then placed the rod onto my thigh and I blacked out due to all the pain.

******
I woke up in his bed with his arm wrapped around me protectively. All of a sudden my head felt heavy as every pack member was communicating through the mind link, I pushed myself further into Ryder as I fell asleep again. When I woke up Ryder had just walked back into the room with a smirk on his face, he then looks at me up a down as I wonder what he is doing when all of a sudden a sharp pain shots through the lower part of my belly, I knew what it was immediately, I was on heat. Heat is basically the time of the month when a female wolf experiences pain and the only way that pain goes away is if her mate has sex with her, for male wolfs heat is what turns them on, it's a scent that the female radiates, so it generally leads to sex. If a female resists her mate for to long she will die. It then all made sense as to why Ryder is smirking at me. Another sharp pain shot through me, I found myself longing for Ryder.