Chapter 34

Rosely's POV

I didnt really want to move back to my dad's pack but im happy i did. Ive made a few friends and thing are different. At first i was extremely nervous, i didnt believe my dad when he said that his old beta was dead. So for the first week i didnt talk to anyone and i hardly got anysleep, when i did get sleep i normally woke up screaming because i had a nightmare. My mom had to call Nikki to come and help me settle in. She took me to his grave and told me that everything was going to be okay now that he was gone, she stayed a few days then left.
I went back to her pack a few times to visit her, i got to meet Alexis and Brian, they are super adorable.

Im busy unpacking my stuff into one of the guest rooms in Nikki's house, im here for a few days before i have to go back home. When im finished unpacking i head downstairs to get something to eat, only to find Ryder sitting on a stool by the kitchen counter reading a book.
"What are you reading?" I asked, genuinely curious.
"It's a book about the First Five." He states not even look up at me.
"The First Five. What is that?" Normally when i come here Ryder tells me random stories about werewolves because i only found out aboit them 2 years ago.
"It is a long story." He simply states
"I have time." He turns to face me and point to the chair infront of him.
He sighs, i think preparing to tell me a story. "A long time ago, like thousands of years ago, our kind came to be. There was a wolf named Philip, he was an Alpha, he hadn't found his mate yet and his pack needed a Luna, so he left his beta incharge of his pack until he came back with his mate. For months he travelled from pack to pack searching for his mate, lucky for him there was no such thing as a rouge back then. He was on his way to the only pack he hadn't been to. The pack was stronger then most because it was very close to a human town, when he got to the pack he could smell that his mate was near. The Alpha of the pack ordered all the unmated wolves to line up, regardless of their rank or status. He walked through the rows of wolves twice but couldnt find his mate, confused he started wandering around the territory following his mat's scent. He came across the human town but continued his search for his mate, which lead him in to the town. No-one saw him because it was night and very few people were walking around, he saw a man hitting this girl. He went over to the man, knowing that he saw goong to scare him and the girl but when he did the man ran away scared of the wolf standing infront of him. The girl remained, shocked by her bravery he looked up at her and found out she was his mate. They spent a few days together before he decided to ask a witch for help. He found a witch who was willing to help, her name was Raya but she wasn't just any witch she was a very powerful witch. Raya told Philip that she could turn him into a human for one week in return he had to let her stay in his pack, Philip agreed. During that week they got to know each other and they completed the mating process. Philip planned on taking both his mate whose name was Katherine and the witch back to his pack, they were going to life in a little hut under their protection. Within a few months he found out that Katherine was pregnant with his child, other Alphas heard about this and they went after her and her child. The pack protected her like they were supposed to, one night during an attack she went into labour. She gave birth to a healthy baby girl, nothing was abnormal about the baby. The pack managed to stop the attack but they suffered many losses and a few days later they were attacked again, but she knew that this time they wouldn't be victorious. So Katherine told Raya to take the baby and run and that is exactly what Raya did. That day Philip's pack was murdered and the baby was believe to have died with them but she didn't. Raya raised the child as her own because Katherine never gave the child a name Raya named her Vita. She told the child about her real parents and what they sacrificed for her. For 16 years the child was raised as a human, attending school and living amongst them. On the night of her 16th birthday she shifted into a wolf, both her and Raya were shocked. With Raya's help she learnt how to control her shifts, access her wolf in her human form and control her special abilities. What she hadn't realized that the wolf she came across a few days before her birthday was her mate, he was alpha of the near by pack. Thats why all we all shift at the age of 16, it is also why those who are mated to an alpha only shift after they find their mate. Her mate took her and Raya  to his pack, he protected them for years. The only wolves that knew she was a werewolf were the ones in her pack and Raya but she isn't a wolf. Vita and her mate had pups of their own, when Vita went into labour she shifted into her wolf and gave birth, her wolf made the pups shift into humans. Until their 16th birthday when the shifted into wolves. Vita had three children, two girls and a boy. During an attack her son and one of her daughters died.
" He looked at me asking if he can continue, i just nodded in response.