Chapter 8

Nikki's POV

******
The next 3 days past by so quickly because I got to stay at home. My mom had filled me in on everything after I had calmed down that morning.

*Flashback*

"Honey, please sit down we need to talk." She said to me when I walked downstairs to get water, I listened to her and sat down.
"The dreams you've been having, do they involve wolfs?" She questioned, but it was like she knew the answer but hoped that it wasn't true.
"Yes." I said, starting to feel nervous
"Please listen to me very carefully." She said, she continued to speak when she saw me nodding my head
"This is going to sound crazy but you are a werewolf. Please don't freak out." She said eyeing me skeptically as she continued to speak
"Your father is the alpha of the second strongest pack in the world, they are located in Texas. I was the Luna of the pack because I was your father's mate, but left for obvious reasons. When we left to come here I wasn't just because it would be nice to come to California instead of anywhere else, it's because the strongest wolf pack in the world is located here. The reason you have been having these dreams is because your wolf has been awoken and you are about to shift, which means that your mate has been in close proximity to you on more then one occasion. He would have smelt your scent by now but he is waiting for you to shift."
I stare at her in shock, but not because what she told me surprised me but because I wasn't surprised by what she was saying. It was like I knew she was telling the truth. I looked at her questionably and asked, "How can my mate smell my scent but I can't smell his?"
"Becuase your mate has shifted already and his senses are heightened." She said, surprised at how calm I'm acting
"How come he has shifted and I haven't? You said your mate has to be within close proximity of you before you shift." I stated with no emotion present in my voice
She was surprised by how quickly I caught on and said, "You are different to the rest, because you are an Alpha's daughter you need to find your mate before you can shift but every one else shift at the age of 15 or 16. As your mate doesn't know who you are until he meets you, he will shift at a certain age."
I just started at her and nodded. After that no-one spoke again.

*Flashback finished*

These last few days I've just been going over what she said, and I've been trying to link two and two together and try and find out who my mate is, but I just can't.
It's now Friday afternoon and I'm getting ready for the fight tonight. Fights at The South Side only take place on Tuesdays and Fridays. I shoved everything I needed into my bag and made my way to my bike. I stopped at the same shop to change and then went to the fight.

I waited a while before I had to fight but I was up against a new fighter who had won every single match he fought.