Eighteen

Sofia Deakin was Shawn's childhood best friend. They were always together until they reached the age of 18, and she wanted to move to England to go to school there. They facetimed everyday until the news of Shawn's relate with Camilla, Sofia had always hated Camilla so she felt betrayed when he didn't answer the calls. She stopped calling him and slowly she realized he must of never wanted to talk to her anyway, he'd at least call her.

So it was the day before her wedding day, they decided to get married in the small church in her old town. She was sat in her old room, the last Ray's of daylight were sinking into the trees as she stare at the dress hung on her wall. As a kid she couldn't wait until this day, she had everything planned out when she was younger but now it just seemed surreal now. The gleam of the dress made her insides turn slightly. She had most dreamed of that day but never without Shawn. Laying her head down on her pillow did she finally lure her thoughts away from her wedding.

A knock sounded at her door, being the confused and curious person she is, she got up to answer her bedroom door.

"Hey Sof." Shawn said as he sat on her on white bed. His face lit up by the fairy lights hung around her bed. A burst of joy warmed her insides as she watched the boy curiously.

"Whta do you want Shawn?" She asked calmly picking out the feathers from her pillow. She couldn't bare look at the amazing smile that would lit his face.

"Let's go on an adventure. What do you say, Sof?" He spoke walking towards the girl. A smile finally lit up her face.

"Let me get changed then." She giggled but Shawn bet her to the cupboard.

"But you look beautiful in this." He said teacing the features of her face, all she was wearing was a pair if shorts and his blue Magcon hoodie with matching fluffy socks. He grabbed her boots from under her bed and grabbed her warm hand, pulling her through the house and out the front door where his old jeep waited. The two sat upon the hill wrapped in blankets over looking the not so silent town, her green slushy was making her hands cold as she slurpped that of the drink.

"I can't believe your getting married tomorrow." Shawn said to her after sitting in silence. She just gave a sigh and a nod before looking up into the star lit sky.

"I wish we were Eighten again." She spoke after wrapping the blanket around her body for more warmth.

"Nah, I want those days back on the playground. Remember the day we met?" He asked laying down with his arms supporting his head.

"Yeah, you came up to me on a rainy day and held out a rose. I remember that day." She said sighing once more pushing the brown hair out of her eyes.

" I remembered when I asked you to marry me, when we were like 11." Shawn said quietly causing the young girl to freeze.

"Yeah I remember, still don't know what happened to the ring tho." She spoke laying back to.

"Anyway it's getting cold and the bride needs her beauty sleep for her big day." Shawn said smiling at her causing a flame in her heart, she nodded and followed his movements of getting back in the jeep.

"Thanks Shawn." She smiled at him after ge dropped her off at her house.

The two hugged but as they pulled away, Shawn's face was inches from hers. Their noses practically touching.

"Sofia?" He asked as his hands pressed against her cheeks. But she only gave a short breathy 'yes'. He slowly moved his lips towars her and the two mess together, their lips pressed against each other in content. Shawn pulled away and looked at the almost married woman, a red blush covering her cheeks and nose. He wished she was his, however he knew that tomorrow she would become Sofia Pearce, she would to wed to Thomas Pearce in the moring. He left the girl standing on her doorstep all alone as he ran back to his jeep and driving away.
She sighed as she walked through her house, sad eyes as she stare at the wedding dress before drifting into her dreams.

Shawn couldn't be seen during the morning by anyone so she was forced to prepare without him. He was there in the wedding crowd in the church, sat quiet close to the front in his black suit. His mother sat on his left and her mother on his right, both woman crying into his shoulders when the beautiful woman entered the room. It was as of time stopped when she smiled, she was the most beautiful thing ever as she walked towards her future husband. Shanw couldn't focus the whole time as he stare into his lap playing with a necklace. The necklace was simple but meant a lot to him, the love of his life give it to him when she was young. The simple silver chain allowed a simple plastic gold ring hang from it, a little rose charm also.

He was singing for the newly wed couple at the reception so he stood up on the table. He looked at Hanna who smiled and switched the song on before joining her girlfriend at her table. He was meant to sing a really heartwarming song for the two but decided against it. Instead signing a song for just her.

I got a heart and I got a soul
Believe me I will use them both
We made a start
Be it a false one, I know
Baby, I don't want to feel alone

So kiss me where I lay down
My hands press to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved, to be in love
All I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you
I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were 18

We took a chance
God knows we tried
Yet all along, I knew we'd be fine

So pour me a drink oh love,
Let's split the night wide open and we'll see everything
We can live in love in slow motion, motion, motion

So kiss me where I lay down
My hands press to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved and to be in love
And all I can do is say that these arms are made for holding you, ooh
And I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were 18

When we were 18
Oh lord, when we were 18

Kiss me where I lay down
My hands press to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing

To be loved and to be in love
And all I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you
And I want a love like you made me feel
When we were 18
I want a love like you made me feel
When we were 18
I want a love like you made me feel

When we were 18

Everyone clapped for the young boy who poured his heart out whilst she sat there stiff. Their mothers crying and hugging each other, both of them knowing long ago. Sofia couldn't say anything. Shanw had liked her, he liked her na she liked him but neither of them admitting it to the other. Staring at her sad pain filled eyes, he left. He jumped off the table and ran to his jeep.

"I've loved you since we were 9, Shawn." She whispered to herself crying silently to herself.

He couldn't control it, his anger, his pain. Tears stream down his cheeks as he drove away. He didn't see the other car, nor did he feel the pain as he was smashed between the cars. An awful cry could have been heard and the people in the church ran out. Sofia broke down in the most beautiful dress in the most beautiful location, her eyes strained on the burning cars just down the road. She knew it was him, that was his jeep.

Her screams filled the air as he drifted of to sleep, his eyes to never open again.

shawn mendes oneshots. discontinued On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara