The Nerd and Me; 19

Enjoy.....

_______________________________________________________________________________

7 Years Ago

Alexandra:

"What a loser. I can't believe they even let her in dressed like that." Ignoring the snide remark coming from the brunette haired girl, I set my Harry Potter book down on the desk. Today was my 1st day when I would was entering the 4th grade. As I had entered classroom 32, I noticed that I received a couple of rude glances. They were eyeing me up and down and I couldn't help but feel insecure.

What? Did I have cooties on me? I'm pretty sure I had crossed my fingers when I passed by the boy who was said to have them. I looked down at my outfit; a khaki shirt that passed my knees stopping midway beside my ankles, a white collar shirt tucked inside, black shoes with white long socks, my brown hair was created into a fish braid, and I had my round glasses resting on my ears. I don't see what was wrong.

"Omg, that girl has cooties." I looked up to see a blonde girl pointing her index finger at me in a rude manner.

"I think she's pretty cute." But, I could still hear the laugh coming out of the boy's mouth. "Yeah, right."

Okay, I couldn't even deny that his comment stung. Deciding to dodge their rubbish, I picked up my book, Harry Potter, and started reading.

"What a nerd."

"Reading is for losers."

Be strong, Alexandra. Don't start crying, or else you parents will change you schools. I was tired of moving from school to school. The reason being is because the girls and boys would bully me and push me around. I wanted it to be different this year. I want to have friends who will hang around with you afterschool, or invite you to their birthday party, and play around in the jumper.

I didn't have any of that yet.

"Hi, I'm Cody." My eyes met a pair of piercing blue eyes which had a shine to them. He sported a cheeky smile, as his fumbled with the hem of his Power Rangers t-shirt. I was debating on whether he was part of the rude crowd or was just being friendly.

"It's nice to meet you, Cody." I said, showing my pearly white teeth. Heaving a long sigh, he pulled a chair sitting next to me.

"Cody, what are you doing sitting with her?" The same blonde little girl snickered, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Katie, I'm sitting with her because she's my new friend." He stated proudly, a grin appearing.