Chapter 25 Part 3

-Alexandra-

            I remember it.

            I remember it perfectly clear.

            The day Mom and Dad had reconciled after having a major dispute over how they have to be more rational about spending money.

            Dad had invested a lot of money on a clothing company. The company wasn’t making as much profit as they had said. They were a complete fraud and ended up affecting all investors including my Dad.

            Cassandra was upstairs and listened to music while I was sitting on top of the stairs as I heard their argument. Sure I was 12 but I could decipher a bit.

            “Aiden, how could you invest that much money? We aren’t exactly millionaires here!” She hissed.

            “I didn’t know they would lie about how much money they actually made!”

            “400,000! 400,000 you spent! We don’t even make ¼ of that money, Aiden!”

            “I’ll fix it, Honey.”

            “How? How can you possibly fix this? Most of that money was for OUR girl’s college fund…You knew perfectly fine that that was their money that we’ve been saving since they were born. With the way my job pay’s I won’t be able to even scruff up half of the money…”

            “I’m sorry…I’m so so sorry.” Dad begged.

            Even I could hear the soft sobs coming from Mom.

            After a few minutes of silence, one of them had spoken up.

            “We’ll get through this,” She whispered.

            I moved a couple stairs down carefully not wanting to make a sound. I stopped my movement when I got a good view of both of them.

            They were seated on the couch. His hands were gripping his disheveled hair as she had a hand rubbing on his shoulder. “We’ll get through this…”

            “I’m sorry.” He said, turning to face her looking agitated. “So…sorry-“

            “Sh,” Mom cooed, picking up his chin in a loving way. She kissed his forehead as a single tear had slipped from her brimming eyes.

            “I love you.” Dad sincerely stated.

            “I love you too.”

            At that exact moment, I thought that my parents love will always be strong.