Chapter 25 part 4

AN: some mistakes on this chapter.

Hope this makes up for all those months I didn't post anything. I'm truly sorry! I've been having a busy schedule

xx love you all so much xx

Alexandra's POV

"I thought we were going home?" I asked, unbuckling my seatbelt from its lock. "What are we doing at the reception?"

Dad shook the keys out of the ignition following my motion. "There's a bunch of food inside that hall. Now, what kind of people would we be if we'd leave all that go to waste?"

"Not very good people."

"Exactly. Now, shall we?"

I chuckled. "We shall."

After about half an hour of basically eating all the food like a couple of barbarians, we just stood there in complete silence.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" I mumbled, unsure if what I was about to ask would be too personal.

"I may have an answer," he grinned, raising a drink to his lips.

"Why aren't you mad...about the whole Sheryl situation? I mean, if you were going to marry her it's because you loved her but you stood her up without batting an eye once you found out her intention."

His posture faltered, and his gaze fixated on the floor. I felt as if I did wrong on asking.

"I did love her,"came his reply. "I saw us having a future. I saw us having a family. I saw us happy and growing old together."

"Oh." I didn't know what to say.

"But...," he continued,"when I came back here I had forgotten how much I missed you...and your Mom. I forgot how beautiful she looked when she'd get mad or the way she smiled and laughed. I remembered all those moments we shared that didn't consist of us fighting over something stupid."

Somehow I couldn't stop the smile that evaded my lips.

"And her telling me that she didn't want me to marry Sheryl just made me realize that I never stopped loving that crazy, insane women."

"Dad, let's go home. Mom'a there." I urged, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"But I loved Sheryl also, honey..."he whispered. That's when I noticed a small tear rolling down my Fathers cheek. "I loved her," he repeated.

"What are ya'll doing here?" A voice had shouted, bouncing off the four walls. We turned around to find Cassandra at the entrance of the reception. "Witch of the west is on her way over here like in 20 seconds. When Cody had said that you guys left I thought more secretive where she couldn't find you! You stood her up Dad! You know how awesome that was! I recorded the whole thing and let me tell you this shit is going up on Youtube."

"Cassandra!" I hissed. "What are you doing here?"

"The food." She bluntly replied.

Like father like daughter...

"AIDEN!" We heard someone scream from the outside. Didn't take a brainiac to figure out who it was. She came in distraught, her hair was in different direction like if she had played with it on the way here. Her whole face was a light shade of red.

"We tried to stop her." Christian and Alli came bargain inside in sync.

"You stood me up Aiden!" She yelled. "What are you doing here? Were supposed to be getting married right now."

Dad stood up, and walked towards Sheryl. "We need to talk."

"Talk about what? That you stood me up? I was waiting for you but you never came!"