Cozy, Cassandra, and Ditching?

Alexandra

“Honey, get out of the bed!” I heard a faint knock that I’m pretty sure was coming from my door. I groaned at just of the thought of getting out of my comfy position. The warmth of the covers over me enveloped me keeping me in such a stable position. Who would want to get up?

I felt a light tug coming from behind me, “Mom, its Saturday.” I fluttered my eyelids open just enough to see the visible red lights flashing on the clock beside my bed reading 5:30 am. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

“We’ve got to pick up your sister at the airport.” Soon enough the covers were being pulled away from my laid down body as the cold breeze, from the open window, started to cause goose bumps form on my bear arms.

“Ugh, just let her walk it over here.” I turned my position, placing my face under the pillow that didn’t provide much warmth on my cheeks.

“If she comes walking she’ll be here by tomorrow.” A hint of bitterness showed on her words.

“I know.” I bluntly responded.

“I’ll buy you Jack in the Box on the way.” She’s using the Jack’s card on me. She knows I can’t resist Jack’s. Going there is like going to Disneyland except there aren’t rides. Psh, the rides for me is the food!

I will not give in. I will not go to pick up my sister, Cassandra. She isn’t exactly the sister I wanted in my life. She’s the complete opposite of me.

She preferred the looks and I preferred the books. She partied every Saturday while I was studying for pop quizzes. She got the guys and all I got was the geeks in my classes. She was considered hot while I was considered a not. She was and probably still is every guys dream while I’m not.

But that wasn’t all it. She did something that took my dislike to her overboard. But I’m not telling anyone about what happened. It was supposed to stay a secret and still has till this day. So you better not ask me what the secret is about.

She’s going to be living with us for a few months, which I find terrible. I just don’t want to pick her up at the airport, let alone letting her stay at the house.

“I’m not going mom.” She took that as my final decision, because she sighed and shut the door behind her.

_ _ _ _

“Common Alexandra, she can’t be that bad.” Christian who was too busy staring at Alli like if she was some goddess, said. I rolled my eyes at the sight of Christian. I propped my elbow on top of Cody’s shoulder using him as my leaning person.

“She can’t? Trust me she will.” I had just finished telling them about Cassandra’s visit for the past hour. It seemed as if they were getting annoyed at my complaining towards her.

Alli kept groaning every time I mentioned her name or something that involved her in it. Cody just stood quiet for some reason, tensing every time I did mention her name.