Ex-girlfriend, Explaining, and Meaning it?

Alexandra

How could that freak ditch me for my sister? He could’ve at least say something like ‘hey I’d rather hang out with my ex girlfriend than my new one’. Yeah, that would have been less painful. Or just hit me in the head with a hammer. Both would have been less painful. But no, Cody had to ditch me on the spot. I was mad at the Aussie boy... Wait correction I am mad at the Aussie boy.

“So he just ditched you like that?” Alli propped her feet onto my lap looking up from the magazine she was currently reading.

I rolled my eyes, “No Alli, he just decided Cassandra was better than me!” I sarcastically said. I ran my fingers impatiently through my hair. I slightly pushed Alli’s feet off my lap peeking out the curtain to see if there was any sign of Cody. Nope. Not a single silhouette of his sorry ass!

I swear once I see him stuff is going down especially with my sister. Actually her surprise is at home, were there’s no one to hear her screams. What’s better a shovel or a knife? Nope. Great, Cody’s already starting off my criminal record.

“Calm down babe.” Alli cooed from the couch. She threw the magazine carelessly on the floor. I know she was trying to comfort me and I gladly took it as comfort. She’s really the only reason why I put up with Cody and all his crap. If it weren’t for her I’d be behind bars by now.

I know in most cases, like the one right now with Cody and I, the girlfriend would normally cry in her pillow. But I’m not close to being that girl. Not even an inch. I’m the type of girlfriend who doesn’t cry over something like this. Instead I go criminal on you! Okay, no I don’t. But I’m frustrated that Cody would do that to me.

“Oh, Cody you’re so funny-.” Cassandra’s voice finally echoed through the four walls. She had her arm well rested around his as his arm was draped around her waist. A smile was spread across both faces, not showing an inch of what I was feeling.

“And you’re beautiful-“Cody’s mouth dropped open once he saw me standing across the room with a madly curious face. “I know what it looks like. But I can explain.” He let go of Cassandra’s grasp raising his hands in defense.

“Let me give you a short explanation about how I felt.” I cut him short pointing a finger to make him stop talking. Before I could say anything else he kept talking once again.

“I can explain!”

“Explain what? I felt humiliated when you left me… for my sister.”

“It won’t happen again!”

“You’re right, it won’t. Because were through.” I said without expression. I ran my fingers through my hairs wanting to leave, but the silence that was in the room stopped me from leaving; or maybe because Cody was blocking my way. His aqua blue eyes were soon boring into mines, but I quickly managed to look away.

“You don’t mean it.” He whispered down my ear.

“I never even liked you.” Okay, so maybe some of it was true and the other wasn’t. Okay, none of it is true. Well at first I never did like him, but along the way I found this sweet boy but behind that was the same jerk face person.

“You’re lying.” I could sense his voice dropping for a bit with a hint of sadness. My heart dropped for a second realizing my mistake.

“I’m not.” But I kept going.

“Tell me that you don’t like me, but mean it.” He inched closer to me cupping my cheeks with his bare arms. Chills trickled down my spine for a minute from the touch.

“….I….I…don’t l-l-like you.” LIE. LIE. LIE.

“You don’t mean it.” Cody’s gaze was starting to make me feel guilty. I shouldn’t feel guilty at all. Should I? Nope. I shouldn’t because he’s the one that left me and never said anything about it.

“Get this through you stupid head. I. Don’t. Like. You.” This time I was serious or I was acting serious so he would buy it and leave me the fudge alone. I got his hand that was cupping my cheek and through it to the side. I didn’t say goodbye. I just brushed past Alli, Cody and Cassandra, whose face was plastered with a smile.

Was I doing the right thing? Yes, I am. Maybe I shouldn’t have said yes to be in a relationship with Cody. I mean look it where it leads us.

I hate Cody for making me do this to him.

A/N. Sorry for the late updates. But I update every Friday! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Drop a comment and tell me what you think about Cassandra, the break-up, and about what’s to come. New characters are going to be coming in so be on the lookout.

::: READ:

I’ve been meaning to ask you guys something. That is if you want a sequel to this story. I’ve been thinking about so much and I decided that you guys should comment about it. If it’s a yes then this 1st book is probably going to be 15 chapters and the sequel about 20 chapters. If no then, yeah I don’t know what to do if there isn’t a sequel. Most likely I will though, but don’t let that stop you from commenting about it. By the way meet my new friend it’s on the right and its name it ‘VOTE’.