Advice, Basketball and Confessions

Alexandra:

            “Dad, I don’t want to be here no more. Everyone thinks I’m a real pain in the ass. Just send me back home please.” Some people might call it ease dropping but I call it accidently-stopping-at-a-conversation-were-your-not-involved-in-but-decide-to-listen-to-it-anyway.

            Well, it was one of those moments right now. I had passed by the guest room where Cassandra was staying at. Stopping because I heard an interesting conversation, I peaked a glance at the open slit of the door.

            “Yes, I’m serious. I just don’t want to be here no more, Dad.” Of course she was having a word with my Father, but why would she want to go back home.

            I know Cassandra can have…a way with words…and be…a non-nice person, but still. Okay, I can see why she wants to leave. After all she’s done and said it still doesn’t take away the fact that she’s my sister. We can have our differences but I know in that deep, cold, made of stone heart has feelings. She just got to dig a little deeper.

            “Cassandra, hang up.” I said; pry opening the door with one swift turn of the silver knob. Heaving a long extended sigh, I plopped myself on top of her bed which was surprisingly comfortable.

            Some muffling sounds were coming out of her phone.

            “Yes, Dad, it’s Alexandra. I don’t know why don’t you ask her? I’m not the one living her life.” She bluntly replied to something my Father obviously said.

            My gaze averted to a phone being given to me. I gradually took it into my hands as I pressed it against my ear. “Hello?” I answered, with a smile plastered on my face.

            “Hey Sport, when are you planning to visit your old pal again?” Father jokingly answered.

            “I’ve got an old pal, don’t I?” I teased.

            “It’s not called old, it’s called aging.”

            “Whatever you say, Old Man.”

            “Listen, what’s been going on over there? Cassandra has been wanting to come back home.” Father questioned, with concern slipping out of his tongue.

            What the hell was I supposed to say? Cassandra stole my boyfriend, has been calling me a word that I’m not allowed to say, and has been a real pain in my butt? Yeah, that’s not what a father wants to hear about their daughter.

            “Oh you know the usual.” I casually replied. “She’s been selling weed to my friends.”

            “Very funny, Alexandra”

            “Why? You want some? We can hook you up with some. Cassandra can lower the price to 150.” I kept going.

            “Alexandra.”

            “Oh, I get it. You don’t dig the Cush. Well, you know I know friends who can retrieve-“

            “Alexandra.”

            “Father, you should take a chill pill. Don’t worry. Cassandra is just exaggerating. She thinks everyone don’t like her. It’s my fault actually. I told everyone she came from a family of monkeys.” I joked.

            “Your still finding everything funny isn’t you?” He asked.

            “Yeah, pretty much.” I bluntly replied.”Well, Dad, it was so nice talking to you. By the way don’t send Cassandra back home. She just changed her mind and wants to keep selling weed here at L.A. Kay, bye.” I hurriedly said.