Um, Welcome to the team?

I cooked us some breakfast. Nothing special, just rice and these pigeon things Muteki caught. It tasted a little like beef...

"Has anyone seen Toph?" Katara passed a bowl to The Duke.

"Not since she stormed off yesterday," Sokka answered.

"Same," Muteki frowned. "I think we should be worried."

"She could just be exploring the Air Temple," Haru suggested. "There are some pretty fun spots to practice earthbending."

I looked over at Muteki, who appeared to be deep in thought. Or he was earth sensing.

"I think we should go look for her," Katara said worriedly.

"Oh, let her have fun with her rocks," Sokka grumbled between mouthfuls. "I'm in no rush to have her yelling at us again."

"We can go check for her," The Duke suggested, some rice still on his face.

I quickly swiped it off with an old piece of cloth, and he pulled a face.

"Yeah, I want to ride that tunnel down to the hall of statues again," Teo grinned. "It'll work a lot better now that I fixed my brakes!"

"Be careful!" I called after them as they all shot off.

At least Haru stopped and waved back an acknowledgement. Muteki sighed and finished his food.

"I worry about these kids sometimes," I sighed as I gathered the used dishes. "They're all so young and out here all on their own. Like, where are their mothers?!"

"I'm just a bit worried about Toph," he grumbled. "I did promise her mother I would take care of her."

"Maybe we will look too after you're done with the dishes," I suggested, handing him the stack I'd gathered.

"She's here!" Muteki almost dropped the dishes.

Suddenly... A wall caved in and out fell a totally terrified Toph. Katara ran up to catch her as she fumbled further on her hands and knees.

"What happened!?" Katara asked.

"My feet got burned," Toph deadpanned.

"It Wasn't Me," was Muteki's initial response before scooping up the tiny girl in his massive arms.

"Oh no, Toph," Katara awwed. "What happened?"

"I just told you," Toph sounded annoyed. "My feet got burned."

"I meant how," Katara corrected herself.

"I wasn't lava bending," Muteki defended. "Before you ask."

"Well, I kind of went to see Zuko last night," Toph admitted.

"You what!?" Aang was surprised.

"Zuko?" Katara was shocked.

"Ugh!" Sokka was grossed out.

"I've done dumber," I shrugged, nudging Muteki.

"I just thought he could be helpful to us," Toph defended herself. "And if I talked to him, maybe we could work something out."

"Like a neutron," Muteki smiled at her.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Toph shrugged as Katara began healing her feet.

"But he attacked you?" Aang asked

"Well, he did, and he didn't," Toph's answer was vague. "It was sort of an accident."