NANI!?

I was lying on my side, attempting to ignore the vastly inappropriate activity going on behind me, when the others returned.

"Are you two holding hands?" Mangetsu asked.

"Yes," Muteki grinned.

"I know," I agreed. "It's absolutely disgusting."

"You kissed that girl who turned out to be an enemy freak," Sokka pointed out.

"Always call a spade, a spade," I sighed. "Call a jack, a jack, but always call a freak a person. Their lives are hard enough as it is. But it's HER! And HIM!"

"You still kissed her."

"Fine."

"So, you two have made up?" Aang asked.

"And made out," I added.

"And..."

"There are kids here!" Jin interrupted Muteki as he started speaking.

"We said sorry," he finished.

"Speaking of," Katara appeared. "Hey, Toph..."

"You don't need to, Katara," Toph looked a little sad. "I was the one being stupid. These scams are out of control, and I'm done with them."

"Actually," Katara looked slyly scary. "I wasn't going to apologize. I was gonna say..." she paused. 

What would she say?!

"I want to pull a scam with you!"

Aang and Sokka gaped in astonishment. My mouth would have hit the ground if I wasn't already lying down. Instead, my eyes bulged.

"What?" Toph and Muteki said in unison.

"You want to pull a scam?" Toph asked.

"Yeah," Jin grinned. "I'm keen too."

Muteki looked shocked, then composed himself as Jin walked over to the other two.

"Not just any scam," Katara had a flair for the dramatic. "The ultimate scam! What do you say, Toph? Just you, Jin, and me... one last go. You in?"

"You know I'm in!" Toph grinned from ear to ear. "Now, what's this idea of yours?"

We were so surprised; the other two had fallen over too.

"So," I looked at the other guys after we recovered. "What did you get up to?"

"I talked to Toph," Sokka smiled. "And I helped her see how much Katara means to us."

"I hid with Momo," Aang confessed.

"I threw all the posters of Toph around town into the Fire Fountain," Mangetsu shrugged.

"YOU WHAT?!" we all gasped.

"I'm a good friend," the midget complained. "And I wanted to destroy something," he confessed. "Something that looked like her."

"Dark," I commented. "So, what's for dinner?"