Where dem bandages at???

Back at the inn, the kids began packing the groceries onto the counter in Jin's direction.

"That goes there," she would say. Or "Put those in that bowl."

"Hama seems a little strange," Sokka commented.

"You will NOT go looking for trouble," Jin pointed a finger at the boy.

"Hey, where'd Mangetsu go?" Mogui commented.

Muteki sighed heavily. "I'm starting to hate that trick of his."

Jin shook her head with a slight smile.

"Look, forgetting Mangetsu's little hide-and-seek trick," Sokka insisted. "I'm telling you that Hama is... weird. Like in a "she knows something" or a "she's hiding something" kind of way."

"That's ridiculous," Katara scoffed. "She's a nice woman who took us in and gave us a place to stay. She kind of reminds me of Gran-Gran."

"Then your Gran-Gran is creepy," Mogui shrugged. "I'm with Sokka on this one; she gives me the creeps."

"She probably ate Mangetsu," Muteki commented as he hoisted a bag of flour onto a shelf. "That's why he's missing."

"Doesn't seem like much of a meal," Jin laughed.

"You're all just being ridiculous; she's a lovely old woman," Katara sniffed.

There was a sudden yelp, followed by a loud thump from somewhere upstairs that startled the group. They quickly hurried upstairs to find Mangetsu lying flat on his back in front of a cabinet with several marionettes hanging by their strings inside.

"Are... are you alright?" Jin questioned.

Mangetsu tilted his head to look at them, then grinned sheepishly.

"Oops?"

"What were you even doing?" Mogui helped the boy back to his feet.

He rubbed the back of his head and his backside with a mildly pained expression.

"I realized we forgot to get new bandages, so I was looking for some," he said.

At the disbelieving expressions on the younger ones' faces, he rolled his eyes and sighed.

"This is an inn, right? There should be bandages somewhere in case someone gets hurt."

"He's got a point there," Muteki shrugged.

"My question is," Mogui eyed the puppets. "What the heck is up with these creepy things?"

"They are pretty creepy," Aang said.

Katara sighed heavily and pushed the doors closed. "Look, so she's got a hobby. There's nothing weird about that."

"Eh, I've seen weirder," Mangetsu shrugged his shoulders then resumed wandering down the hall, opening every other cupboard, albeit, this time, he opened them a little slower and peered in carefully.

"Mangetsu!" Katara called after him. "I'll heal your arm completely; just stop going through her stuff! You're going to get us in trouble!"

"Why would we get in trouble for looking for bandages?" Mangetsu questioned.

Sokka happened to notice the slight glint of mischief in the boy's eyes and caught on.

"Oh! Yeah, we're just looking for basic medical supplies, Katara," Sokka then joined Mangetsu in looking inside random cupboards and rooms.