Almost go time

The others looked so tiny from over here I could see Muteki fishing around in the water with what looked like a bucket. Our waterbenders slowly pulled the subs together. We were close enough to the island to see the smoke of the city in the distance, but still too small for anyone to look out and see us. The lads lashed the subs together, and I jumped ship.

Muteki stood and handed the Duke his helmet back.

"I take it that wasn't your puke bucket," I smiled at him.

"Toph doesn't travel well," he sighed. "Hopefully, you've been faring better?"

"Other than The Boulder talking about himself in the third person, it's been alright," I shrugged. "Been missing you, though."

"Yeah," the gentle giant wrapped an arm around me. "Maybe Toph and I should swap with the Boulder and Hippo."

"You two need to be in the first wave," I shook my head. "And I would be useless in the assault." 

I patted the sword Mogui gave me.

"If you're quite done," we turned to see Mangetsu giving us a look of mixed disinterest and disgust - an impressive feat to be sure. "Break time is over, and there will be no more surface time until we hit the beach, so if you don't mind, let's get moving."

"Come back," I said before planting a kiss on Muteki's cheek.