Bout to kick some can

A/N: Lo Siento, my peeps. I, the most forgetful of Sasha Ls, has forgotten to do this chapter. For that, I am deeply sorry.

A/N2: He forgot twice xD

A/N3: But in my defence, it was my birthday on the second week. And I've been slightly distracted with resit exams coming up and my need to study for them. Dang Aerospace Engineering and Thermodynamics. In other news, Merry birthday from me to all of you. 

Our sapper trucks did their jobs, and we powered through the sea wall. Muteki set the tanks in a defensive line, covering my men as we regrouped and redeployed city side. I had Earthbenders reloading the tanks, Water Tribesmen getting supplies, and our main strike force was taking cover from these huge catapults. I assumed Muteki was taking care of those and organized the rest of my soldiers.

The eclipse was just minutes away. The moon was already beginning to kiss the sun on the cheek. I thought it would be a good idea to light a small fire, to see when it went out and came back on. It was at that time, Katara and Hakoda hobbled through the Sapper Gate.

"Dad!" Sokka called.

"You're on your feet," I continued.

"Thanks to your sister," Hakoda finished. "Any way I can help?"

"You're in no shape to fight," I raised an eyebrow at the older man.

"Everything is going smoothly," Sokka helped his dad to a seat on the rubble. "And the eclipse hasn't even kicked in yet."

"Let's hope our luck holds out," he smiled at us. "Katara, you seem distracted. Is something wrong?"

And suddenly, a wild Aang appeared. He touched down between Sokka, Katara and myself.

"Please tell you're here because the Fire Lord turned out to be a big wimp, and you didn't even need the eclipse to take him down?" Sokka begged.

"He wasn't home," Aang stated. "No one was. The entire palace city is abandoned."

"They knew," Sokka pounded his hand with a fist.

"It's a trap!" I Akbar-ed.

"It's over," Aang sounded so disappointed. "The Fire Lord is probably long gone. Far away on some remote island where he'll be safe during the eclipse."

"No," Sokka's confidence was glowing. "My instincts tell me that he wouldn't go too far."

"And your instincts are only wrong when it's about directions," I smiled. "Remember the first time we met Jet?"

"He would have a secret bunker," Sokka looked like he was stroking a beard. "Somewhere he could go so it'll be safe during a siege but still be close enough to lead his nation."

"If it's an underground secret bunker we're looking for, I'm just the girl to find it."

I swear, if Toph were any more cheesy about it, she would have been anime. Like, kick her leg up, wink and peace sign anime cheese.

Sokka pulled out a small device resembling a pocket watch. It ticked, and there was a dial and notches on one section of it. I was super jealous, mainly because it reminded me of this beautiful gold pocket watch that I had that belonged to... Oh, I'm rambling... Memories...

"The Mechanist gave me this timing device," Sokka said smugly. "It looks like we've got about 10 minutes until the full eclipse. 10 minutes to find the Fire Lord."

At least, it sounded smug to me. Dang kid, remembering who gave it to him...

"We can still do this," Aang nodded at the others. "We can still win the day."

"Wait," Katara warned. "If they knew we were coming, it could all be a trap."

"That's what I said," I said.

"Maybe we should use the time we have left to make sure all of us get out of here safely," she continued.

"Everyone who's here today came prepared to risk everything for this mission," Hakoda sat up a bit more. "They know what's at stake. If there's still a chance and there's still hope, I think they would want Aang to go for it."

"What do you think?" Sokka asked Aang directly. "You're the one who has to face the Fire Lord. Whatever you decide, I'm with you."

Aang stood upright and faced toward the battlefield. A grim look passed over his face, followed by the steel of determination.

"I've got to try," the monk decided.

"And I've got your back," I flared my fire and spun my pick in my hand.