A lesson in Random Water

"Growing up at the South Pole," Hama started her lesson. "Waterbenders are totally at home surrounded by snow and ice and seas."

"Except, I grew up on an island," Mangetsu trudged. "It was pretty warm there."

"But, as you probably noticed on your travels," Hama continued, unphased. "That isn't the case wherever you go."

"I know," Katara looked almost ashamed. "When we were stranded in the desert, I felt like there was almost nothing I could do."

"That's why you have to learn to control water wherever it exists."

"Reckon spitbending is a thing?" Mangetsu randomly commented.

"Eww, Mangetsu..." Katara pulled a face at him.

"You didn't complain when I suggested using sweat as a form of waterbending," Mangetsu pointed out.

Hama chuckled. "You're a very resourceful young man, Mangetsu. You think like a master."

"Too bad I don't have the skills to be a master," Mangetsu shrugged.

"I beg to differ," she said. "Your little mist trick. You use the water in the air, don't you?"

"I mean, it helps when there's water in the air to bend," Mangetsu shrugged.

"Water in the air?" Katara's eyes widened in wonder.

"You need to keep an open mind," Hama said, throwing her hands into a circle above her head, water collecting around her fingertips and turning into icicles. "There's water in places you never think about."

She swung her hand around behind her, the icicles flying off then lodging themselves into the trunk of a nearby tree. Katara gasped in awe, her eyes wide with excitement, while Mangetsu frowned slightly, hiding his doubtful expression from both females.