Let's Cipher

(Y/N)

4:30pm

It is already time.

Where is she? I texted her that we'll meet here in the cafe at 4:15pm but its 4:30 now! I sighed, sipping a hot coffee slowly. Few minutes later, the cafe's door opened, revealing the female friend I was waiting for.

"(Y/N)!" Aoi called.

"Aoi!!! I missed you!" I approached and hugged her.

"Me too! I'm sorry if I haven't texting you lately, our shop suddenly got loads of orders and costumers."

"It's alright. Sit down, sit down. Is there something you want to order here?"

"I'd like some frappuccino."

"Got it." I called the waitress to place our order in the counter.

Aoi placed her elbow on the table and her hand on her cheek, "So, what do you want to talk about?"

I sighed, remembering what happened earlier. "Uh... I got into an argument with Tsurugi... I guess?"

"I guess?" She laughed, repeating my words. "Is this the same childish argument on who will do the dishes and clean the house?"

"Hahah, definitely not! I wouldn't have called you all the way here if that's the case."

2 frappuchinos arrived on the table and we took a sip. I have no idea how to start telling her the story. Come on, brain! Think...

"What happened?" She asked again.

Earlier

After I finished cooking for breakfast, I called Tsurugi to join me in the table and eat. He's probably awake by this time with his phone and laptop facing him first thing in the morning. I wonder if his eyesight is still okay.

Surprisingly, he went down without me having to bang the shit out of his door.

"Good morning, Tsurugi!" I greeted cheerfully.

He blankly looked at me for mere seconds before walking to the kitchen. "Morning." He replied with a low voice.

And then it was an awkward breakfast.

The air was so thick that I could hardly breathe and the tension between us makes me very uncomfortable. What's with this atmosphere? Did I do something wrong? Did I accidentally step on his stuff or pissed him off somehow? He's really giving off the dark, negative vibes this morning.

I inhaled, gathering my guts to break the silence, "Uhh... do we have an idea on who is the hacker now?"

"A vague idea, that is."

"I see. Is there anything I can help you—"

"No."

So cold.

"Actually, I realized something while working." He said, pushing his empty plate away and standing up.

"What?"

He shot me an icy glare, "That I don't need your help with this at all."

I felt a niddle stab my heart. I am confused. What's with him today?

"You don't need to bother yourself to aid me to find clues and codes against the hacker. I can do it. Besides, I'm halfway done. You should be happy that you wouldn't get exhausted with this work that has nothing to do with you."