Disasterology

(Y/N)

What the hell is going on?!!

We just finished Yamato off and won the game, but my phone was suddenly giving off an extremely unsettling vibe. We defeated him fair and square, right? The base was destroyed, right? That should end everything!

Oh, right. They were SEEDs. They can get past the game's actual rules.

THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING A GAME FOR COMPETITION?! SCREW THE SEEDS, THE HACKER, AND EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN THIS SHIT RUINING THE JOY IN GAMES!

The game started glitching and vibrating on everyone's phones, the inside of our phone screen seemed to crack then blacked out as we all felt our devices drag us inside. It's a man and webspace interface but in the creepiest way, I still can recall the feeling of an unknown force crawling on my skin and being unable to shake it off. It happened so quickly that none of us even got to talk while the whole thing is happening.

I don't exactly know what followed.

I opened my eyes, blinking the blurry vision away until everything became clearer. I don't know how long I was out too, but my whole head and back freaking hurts. I was dizzy. I felt like I fell down from a really really high place.

"(Y/N)! You're awake! Are you alright?"

I turned around and saw Tenma with a relieved look. "Yeah..." My head stung, "Actually, no. Let me just take some air,"

The others are wincing in pain, rubbing their heads as if we all had a migraine at the same time. Shindou stood up, scanning the environment.

"What the fuck is this place?"

The place where we are right now was black, yet it was bright, which doesn't really make sense. Kirino held out his hands to feel if there's a wall or something we could bump into but there was none. It was empty, yet there was a floor.

"O-Ow... My head hurts really bad," Aoi grimaced.

"You're not the only one," Tsurugi replied, "But besides that and the back pain, I think we're fine."

Kariya whined, "This is fucked up. We were just playing ML and I felt like my phone devoured me and woke up with all this pain. This isn't happening, no? Maybe I'm inside a nightmare! Come on, Kariya Masaki, wake up!"

He laid down to sleep again but Kirino slapped him.

"There! You awake now? Do you still feel like you're dreaming? This is reality!"

"Come on, dude! I'm just kidding! Everyone goes through a stage of denial! I mean, who wants to wake up finding themselves that they're probably TRAPPED inside their phones? I can imagine my search history scaring the shit out of me!"

"There's nothing we can do about it, though. To be honest, I'm glad I'm still alive after that creepy event." Fei shuddered.

I spoke, "Well, it's indeed creepy. It makes me question the entire situation. What are we really dealing with? Considering the hacker's capability of doing something like this, is he human?"

Everyone went silent in realization.

"I... I only hope we aren't disturbing some kind of supernatural being from an internet urban legend or something..." The pink-haired boy said.

Aoi, Fei, Tenma, and I shivered in fear. I remember reading articles about urban legends at night and oh boy that was one of the last times I let my curiosity get ahead of myself. 

"I'm pretty sure it's not." Tsurugi interrupted, "It's a person. The hacking codes and patterns are logical. Beings from urban legends aren't. Although I have no explanation as to what happened earlier."