SuperLock

A/N: yoooo

Yeah, yeah. I know. Long time no see. How's life? How's the family?

Anyways... Story news: there's only a few chapters left. It's getting pretty close to the climax, i would say about 5-6 chapters left. Good news though, I've gotten my writing/procrastination back on track, and I'm planning to upload a chapter every monday until the story is finished, kind of as a big apology for all the hiatuses I've put you guys through.

In not story news (which you can skip if you dont like my ramblings), I got the game of thrones bookset for christmas and I'm halfway through the 4th book and almost done with the first season but yeah it's pretty much ruined my life and has added more ships for me to cry about. (other throbb shippers: please recommend fanfiction; i can't get enough) Also this chapter may have spoilers for GoT if you're good at guessing stuff. Heads up, it's pretty vague though. 

also in exactly 1 week and 1 day i'm taking the ACT (cries) I'm still going to try and upload that monday but the chapter might be shorter than normal. 

Yep, that's it. Enjoy! (ch 40 woo woo milestone)

Chapter 40 

Sam stared at the wall, listening to the quiet sounds of Dr. House messing around with another patient who had come in with a broken arm, focusing on keeping his breathing even so that he would think that he was still sleeping. The medicine that he had been given had worn off a long time ago, it was just a lot easier to pretend to sleep, to pretend that he didn’t know what had happened, to just pretend…

A tear slipped down his check, and he focused on controlling his breathing that had become ragged with crying. He couldn’t keep the moment that he last saw Gabriel out of his head; they had been messing around in the back of Bobby’s truck, Gabriel trying to kiss him and Sam jokingly pushing his head away.

                “I love you sam-squatch” Gabriel had whispered, beaming up at him, Sam opening his mouth to reply when the truck had slammed into them.

                “I know you’re up.” Cas’s voice came from behind him, and Sam slowly rolled over to look at his friend, sitting quietly in one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs.

                “How long have you been here?” Sam asked, his voice cracking from disuse.

                “A while.” Cas admitted quietly, handing him a cup of water. “Dean was distracted with the case so I snuck down here.”

                “Why?” he questioned, looking directly into Cas’s bright blue eyes.

                “I don’t know.” He answered quietly. “It’s comforting, I guess. To be with someone who was also lost something very dear to them.”

                “Yeah thanks for the reminder about that.” Sam spat sarcastically. “If you don’t mind, I was resting so…” Sam rolled back over, pointedly saying that Cas was welcome any time to leave him the hell alone thank you very much.

                “I don’t believe that you are resting so much as hiding.”

                “Woop-de-do Sherlock.” Sam muttered, still staring pointedly at the wall.

                “Sam, I know how upset you are-”

                “Oh do you really now?” Sam shouted, angrily flipping back over to glare at Cas. “Did Dean die suddenly without my knowing of it.” Cas was shocked into silence. “I loved Gabriel, and I loved Anna, yet both of them are dead now. I’m just bad luck Cas, you don’t know the half of it.”