SuperWhoLock

A/N: Hello again! I know, it's been a while but writer's block is a bitch. Then camp happened and as a surprise trip after my dad took us to Cedar point and I rode the dragster for the first time so yeah I have excuses. (shitty excuses, but they're still there)

Anywho... wow I am so overwhelmed by the response that you guys left me in the last chapter. You guys seriously rock. I feel a bit bad cause this chapter is kinda short but I should post another one tomorrow. Also, the plot is getting really heavy so the next couple chapters is probably going to be pointless fluff. The chapter is short anyways cause I've got to update my other stories.

*shameless self promo* you guys should check out my exclussively Destiel story, 'Castiel's story'. (if you read the description the title makes sense) Post season 8 so spoilers. And i have this Destiel one shot plot bunny bouncing around in my head so be on the lookout for that.

Did anyone see the promo pic for season 9, or should i say season fine (sorry for the horrible pun) Castiel in the suit oh lord help me. *fans self*

heh, anyways...

here you guys go thanks for being patient :)

Chapter 22

                “Sherlock hand me my medical kit.” John instructed, laying the boy down on his bed gingerly.

                “Wouldn’t he be better off by going to a nurse…”

                “Sherlock! My bag!” John shouted, holding his hand out expectantly. Rolling his eyes, Sherlock quickly located the bag amidst John’s belonging, and handed it to him, the other boy taking it without saying a word. Sherlock watched in fascination as John got to work, quickly opening the wound and looking for the bullet. After a tense 10 minutes, John was able to fish it out and quickly sew up any places that were damaged before closing the wound on his stomach.

                “That was brilliant.” Sherlock whispered, making John blush bright red.

                “It’s not my first bullet.” He shrugged, and bandaged up the boy’s stomach, who was still unconscious. I decided not to ask what the first was. “There, that should be good until he wakes up.”

                “You’ll make a great doctor someday.” Sherlock says sincerely as John starts to put away his supplies. He freezes in the middle of his actions, looking down to avoid looking at him.

                “Please, just…. Don’t.” He begs, voice breaking at the end as though he is on the verge of tears. This isn’t right, Sherlock thought helplessly. He should thank me, tell me how he’s dreamt of being a doctor, and we should spend the night in the other’s arms, stealing kisses in the dark instead of our backs to each other on different beds. He knew couldn’t though, not till he caught Moriarty and could be sure that his John was safe

                “My apologies.” Sherlock mutters, turning away from John.

                “It’s fine.” He says, a bit too quickly. “You should go back to bed, I’ve got to stay up with him anyway to make sure that nothing went wrong with the procedure.” Sherlock opens his mouth to argue, then decides against it and slowly crawls into bed, not bothering to tell John that he couldn’t sleep right since the breakup.

John listened to the sounds of Sherlock breathing until it slowed down enough that he knew the other was sleeping. He let out a sigh that he had been holding in, and wiped away a stray tear that ran down his cheek. He really shouldn’t have been so hard on Sherlock; the other boy was surely just trying to be nice. But, John couldn’t take it. It hurt too much. He would rather have Sherlock be angry, or indifferent to him, then to have his pity or his kindness. John’s heart wasn’t strong enough for that. The rest of the night passed with the boy only stirring a little, but by the time the sun rose, only Sherlock had gotten up, and the other boy stayed still.