Chapter 65

"Hunter ship, due south!" Hiccup called out, making me yank out my spy glass to see what Hiccup saw and what I saw... I lowered my spy glass in shock. 

"Is that a white flag?" 

"Uh, yeah. It is. But that's not the weirdest part." I tossed my spy glass to Storm who looked through it. 

"Is that... Ryker?" she asked, glancing up at me. A mix of shock and confusion in her expression as she tossed back the spy glass. I nodded my head, balling my hands into fists atop Lilac's scales. 

"Melia, remember what we talked about." Hiccup reminded me. I sent him a glare, but let out a breath. 

"Let's just go sort this out." I grumbled urging Lilac forward. Our group circled around the mast. As far as I could see, Ryker was alone, but we could never be too careful. Hiccup, Astrid, and the Twins swooped down to land on the deck first, followed by Snotlout and Storm. Instead of having Lilac follow and land with the others, I had Lilac swoop down before jumping off her back, landing gracefully behind Ryker. The older Grimborn turned to glare at me, stepping back slightly as Lilac landed beside me, growling at him menacingly. 

"Melia." Hiccup called to me, giving me a tone of warning. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms as I continued to glare at Ryker, Storm and Starfire stepping up next to me. 

"What do you want, Ryker?" Astrid asked. Said hunter turned towards the others and started to tell an obviously deceitful story, one that sounded exactly like Viggo's story, but where the younger brother was the one that went crazy. It seemed Hiccup picked up on it too because once Ryker had finished, 

"Funny. That's the exact same story Viggo told us, but he said you're the one who flipped." 

"Oh, yeah? Then where is he? Hmm?" Ryker asked, making us all glance at each other. "Let me ask you this. Between Viggo and myself, who has more of an interest in you, Hiccup?" 

"Hmm... Let me ask you a better question, Ryker." I spat, making Ryker turn to look at me as I stepped closer, "Between Viggo and yourself, who was willing to kill other hunters to win the loyalty- Oh, I'm sorry. Fear-guided worshipping of the remaining troops?" Ryker glared at me, clenching his fists. 

"I don't know what lies my brother filled your mind with, Pest, but it's Viggo who's lost his mind." Ryker remarked, taking a step towards me, "It's Viggo who built the Shellfire." Another step. "It's Viggo who wants a war." He took one more step, Lilac hissing a warning as he leaned down, his face practically inches from mine, however I didn't move. I wasn't afraid of this bull who wore the smirk of a wolf. "But it's Ryker who has the Dragon Eye." I didn't blink. He obviously didn't know I had taken it or that the others knew I had had it, but I didn't give anything away as I stared into his eyes, ferocious brown to idiotic brown. 

"Great. Where is it?" Hiccup called, Ryker turning his head slightly to show Hiccup he'd heard him yet his eyes were still on me. 

"Don't worry. It's safely hidden." Ryker assured, turning his head back to me when I scoffed, "Something wrong, Pest." 

"No. Nothing at all, but, knowing you, wherever you hid it, we'll probably find it quick. It's probably hidden back in the rubble of the hunter camp if anything." Ryker growled at my statement, straightening his posture as he stepped back in anger before forming another smirk. 

"Come now, Pest. Think for a moment. If Viggo had the Shellfire and the Dragon Eye, what would he do?" Ryker asked. I shrugged, showing a teasing smirk. 

"I dunno? Succeed maybe?" 

"He'd set you up. Which is exactly what my beloved brother is doing." 

"Oh, that's great! Another lunatic dragon hunter we can't trust." Snotlout exclaimed, making me smirk. 

"This is one of the few times I agree with Snotlout." I stiffened suddenly, my smirk falling when I heard the dragon fire of a familiar dragon. 

"The Shellfire!" Hiccup exclaimed. I glared at Ryker who smiled sinisterly, giving me a shrug as he stepped back, letting me join Hiccup and Astrid at the ships railing. 

"That's not Outcast Island." 

"So where's it attacking?" Astrid asked in response to my statement. Hiccup pulled out a map, pointing to the island on the paper. Astrid gasped, "We have to help them, Hiccup!" 

"Help who?" Snotlout asked, seeming concerned. 

"Heather and Dagur!" I answered, running over to Storm, Starfire, and Lilac. 

"Berserker Island! Now!" Hiccup ordered, mounting Toothless. 

"You see, Hiccup? That attack proves what I've been saying." I growled, turning from Lilac to stare Ryker down. 

"Does it?" I hissed, Ryker turning to me, "Who knows? Maybe you had your hunters attack Berserker Island while you distracted us." 

"This is not me. It is Viggo." Ryker lies through his teeth, more trying to convince the others than me, "Bring me my brother and I will give you what you want." 

"And what if we don't?" I shot back, challenging Ryker. 

"I'll disappear for good along with the Dragon Eye." 

"Melia, c'mon." Storm urged me, already on Starfire. Everyone else had taken off towards Berserker Island, but as I watched Ryker watch Hiccup and the others leave, something snapped within me. I marched up to Ryker and grabbed his arm, making him turn, my fist colliding full force into his face, making the older Grimborn fall back in a mixture of shock, surprise, and pain as he held his now bleeding nose. 

"If you ever try to hurt me or the people I care about, friend or family, I will hunt you down and cause way worse than a bleeding nose." I snarled my threat before mounting Lilac, the purple marked Night Fury giving Ryker a his off her own before we took off towards Berserker Island with an impressed Storm and Starfire.

<Wow...! Melia is super pissed at Ryker. Let's hope our girl calms down because we have bigger problems heading our way>