Chapter 47

I sat staring down at the Maces and Talons board as Fishlegs and Heather battled it out, Storm and Astrid standing by Heather while Snotlout stood by Fishlegs. As I watched the board, I knew that without a doubt Heather was going to win. It was so obvious that she had Fishlegs cornered, or at least it was obvious to me. As I predicted, a few easy moves later Heather had beat Fishlegs, Storm and Astrid congratulating her. 

"Oh! Should have seen that coming." 

"And that makes three in a row." Astrid commented, clashing her wrist guard with Heather's. I smiled my congratulations to Heather before turning towards Fishlegs, patting his shoulder sympathetically. 

"Don't worry, Fishlegs. It could've happened to anyone." 

"Yeah, right!" Snotlout complained, causing both me and Storm to look up at him in annoyance. "I'm filing a grievance. This is totally unfair. You manipulated my partner with your big brown eyes." 

"They're green." Heather argued factually. 

"Shut up." Snotlout grumbled. I rolled my eyes and looked up at the entrance to the clubhouse, seeing Toothless and Hiccup walking in. 

"Well! Look who decided to show up." I greeted. 

"You get caught in a freak thunderstorm or something?" Storm asked jokingly, pointing out the fact that both Toothless and Hiccup were wet. 

"Very funny." 

"Seriously, Hiccup, you've been pushing it pretty hard lately. Everyone needs a rest." 

"Right. I'll rest when Viggo's gone for good." Hiccup remarked.

 "You wanna hurt Viggo? Talk to me." The sudden presence of none other Dagur the Deranged and Shattermaster surprised all of us. 

"Dagur!" Heather gasped. 

"I told you I'd be back." I stood up as Dagur walked into the room greeting him with a smile. 

"It's good to have you back on the Edge. Especially when you're not out to kill us." I commented, earning a slight laugh from Storm. 

"It's good to be back." Dagur agreed. 

"I'll get some food from storage. You guys are no doubt hungry." Storm stated, walking over to grab some leftover meat from last night. Heather walked over and quickly heated it up with Starfire's help before passing the plate to Dagur as he sat down. Dagur immediately started eating commenting on how tasty it was the entire time. 

"Thanks." Heather remarked, taking the praise. 

"So, how are we going to hurt Viggo?" Hiccup asked. Of course, Dagur completely ignored him. 

"I should have known it was you, Heather. Cooking is in our family's blood. I bet you make a wicked Berserk chicken." Dagur commented. Chicken suddenly started squawking and clucking in fright. 

"Hey! Watch it! Everyone knows that Chicken suffers from rotisserie-phobia. She's afraid of the ol' turn and burn." Tuffnut explained, trying to calm Chicken down. 

"Sorry, Boy-nut and Chicken-nut. It's just, we've been out there all alone for so long. We haven't eaten anything in days. Isn't that right, Shattermaster?" I glanced over at Shattermaster, smiling when Fishlegs dumped a cartload of boulders in front of the green Gronckle. 

"Yuh huh!" Shattermaster answered before excitedly gobbling up the rocks. 

"Easy, Shattermaster. Remember your manners." Shatttermaster paused his eating and spit lava out of his mouth. 

"Sorry." he apologized before he continued eating. 

"Dagur, what about Viggo?" 

"Yes, of course." Dagur stood and started to walk around the clubhouse. "The strangest thing happened while I was out traveling the world in search of Oswald the Agreeable." All of us looked at Dagur in surprise. 

"Wait a minute, you're searching for our father?" Heather asked. 

"You see, since I didn't kill him, and you didn't kill him, I figured he must be out there, somewhere." Storm and I exchanged glances, knowing that, in some strange way, his logic made sense. "So, there I was, searching for dear old dad, when I captured the wimpiest dragon hunter." Dagur chuckled. "I mean, he was just a little tiny, wimpy-" Dagur paused in front of Hiccup, eyeing him up and down before saying, "He was about your size and build. No offense. Anyway, all I had to do was sneer at him, and he gave up everything. I mean, I actually had to give him the Berserker chokehold just to shut him up." 

"That's not very nice." I commented, earning an apologetic look from Dagur since he knew about me "spying" on the hunters. Storm and I glanced at the the Twins in annoyance as they said something about the Berserker chokehold before we directed our attention back to Dagur, Hiccup, and Heather. 

"So, what did the hunter say about Viggo?" 

"I'll tell you if you call me brother. Please? Just once. Please?" Dagur pleaded. All he got from Hiccup was a cold glare. 

"Sorry, Dagur. I don't think he's gonna do it." I apologized, earning a look of disappointment from him. 

"That's okay. He told me where Viggo hides his gold." I looked over at Storm who glanced at me, giving me a questioning look. I shook my head, telling her I had no idea. "And if I remember correctly, some of that gold..." 

"Is Berk's gold." Astrid finished. 

"And we can get it back and cripple Viggo in one blow. Let's ride." Hiccup remarked, leading most of us out of the clubhouse. 

"Don't forget the best part. After we get your gold back, if you don't mind, I'll take a few bags of Viggo's for myself. Heather and I will need it as we embark on an epic journey to reunite with our father and rebuild the Berserker tribe as a family." Dagur stated, hugging Heather. Heather chuckled, maneuvering out of Dagur's hold. 

"Yeah, right, Dagur. I think you took one too many to the head." 

"I'm serious, Heather. That's why I'm here." Dagur remarked, walking out of the clubhouse with Shattermaster behind him. 

"Who does he think he is? Walking in here and ordering Heather around. It's her life!" Storm stated, looking angry. 

"I'm sure he's just excited. He knows inside that Heather's her own person." I said, trying to reassure my best friend. The only thing was... I knew, deep down, Dagur really wanted Heather to join him. I just hoped he wouldn't force anything upon her that she didn't want.