Chapter 27

"Melia! Melia, you need to come with me right now!" Ruffnut exclaimed, waking me from my nap on the landing platform outside the stables. 

"What? What's wrong?" I asked, glancing around to see Leafblender, who had been lying next to me, had cloaked himself. 

"I saw Gruffnut go into your hut." 

"Okay?" 

"Alone!" I immediately realized where she was going with this. 

"Alright, go get Hiccup. I'll figure out what he's up to." Ruff nodded before running off to find Hiccup. "Leafblender?" At my call, Leafblender uncloaked, appearing to my left. 

"Yes, Alpha?" 

"I need you to fly me to my hut. Immediately." Leafblender gave a brief nod, extending his wing for me to get on his back. I mounted him, skillfully positioning myself between his wings and neck, gripping his vine like horns in my hands. Leafblender took off, approaching my hut at a fast pace. "Don't land. Just drop me on the roof." I ordered. Leafblender growled in reply, circling above my hut as I hopped to my feet, balancing carefully on his back before jumping down onto the roof of my hut. I waved him off, watching as he cloaked before turning towards the open hatch in my roof. I carefully snuck towards it, sticking my head in to see where Gruff was in my hut. As far as I could see, he was attempting to sneak up on Lilac who was taking a nap next to my desk. I sneakily made my way into my hut through the hatch, positioning myself on one of the banisters above. I glared at Gruffnut as he snuck closer to Lilac. He stopped immediately however when light flooded into my hut. 

"Gruffnut?" Hiccup and Ruffnut stood in the doorway of my hut. Lilac's eyes snapped open, her head turning towards Gruff as she started to growl. He started to back away, his hands up in surrender. I smirked and jumped down from my post, landing on my feet behind Gruff. 

"What do you think you're doing with my dragon?" I asked as he backed into me. He turned around, smiling guiltily. 

"Sorry, beautiful. I just couldn't help admiring your dragon's strange markings." Gruff confessed, gesturing towards Lilac. He went to pet her head, but she just growled more, her teeth unsheathing themselves as she bared them at him. 

"Uh huh... Perhaps next time you ask." I growled. Gruff gulped and gave me a nervous smirk. 

"Duly noted, love." 

"Again, I'm seeing someone, so don't call me that." I snapped. 

"Since when?" Ruff asked. I glared at her since that wasn't the point.

"There you are, Gruff." We all turned our attention towards the door where Tuff was standing, a boar under each arm. "Come on, I've got the boars greased and the pit primed." 

"Oh. Sorry I had to cut this short, love. Maybe later." Gruff remarked, grabbing my hand. He bent over it and kissed my knuckles before going to follow Tuff. I gagged, rubbing the back of my hand on my vest. 

"Oh, gee, Ruff. I only brought two boars." 

"Yeah, you'd get bored just watching. Get it. 'Bored'." Gruff and Tuff both laughed, leaving my hut. I glanced over at Ruffnut, immediately noticing how down she looked. 

"Hey. Don't worry, Ruffnut. Tuff just wants to hang with his cousin while he's here. Let him have his fun. Then, when Gruff leaves, you can have your twin back again." I reassured her. She nodded, walking off to find something to do, Hiccup following close behind. I sighed, glancing down at the hand Gruff had kissed before turning towards Lilac. "You think you can lick this away?" Lilac glanced between me and my hand. 

"There's no way I'm licking that. Sorry, Melia." I groaned, continuing to rub it on my vest. 

"It was worth a shot."

<I know that technically this part of the episode has Gruffnut in Hiccup's hut trying to steal Toothless, but I wanted Melia to have more of a role in this scene, so TA DA!!! Hope you guys enjoy!>