Bonus Chapter

<Hey guys. A few of you requested for the bonus chapter I mentioned that is basically about what went down with Ryker and Viggo before... well... Ryker's mutiny. This chapter will be in Viggo's POV since I did say this was going to give you some background on why Viggo was acting so strange in the last chapter. Hope you enjoy!>

I stared at the Maces and Talons board sitting atop my desk, my hands clasped together in front of my face as I thought. It wasn't rare that my thoughts ran so deep that I tended to get lost in them, but the reason for my thought process to be like this was different than usual. I usually tried to keep my mind on the tasks ahead, on making plans, not only that, but on trying to find ways to get rid of Hiccup and his dragon riders. However, my mind had recently been... wandering. Sometimes I'd ask myself why my thoughts were wandering even though I knew the reason. My gaze flickered from the board to the note a Terrible Terror has brought to me earlier in the day. Melia had sent it, the note saying that she had something of an urgent matter to tell me and to meet her on the high cliff above the docks at sundown. I shook my head, turning my gaze back to the board. I had to stay focused. Project Shellfire was complete, the plan could be put into motion... But as I tried to focus my attention back on the plan, my mind wandered once more, my gaze going back to the paper. I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. What was wrong with me? I didn't even need to ask, I already knew the answer. In the beginning, I had only pretended to be friendly with Melia, get her to trust me, fool her in to a false sense of security. Then, I found out she had feelings for me and I used that to my advantage. It was working well, I had her at my disposal, everything was going right. That is, until I realized... I wasn't pretending anymore. I actually started to have feelings for Melia as well. I groaned, running a hand through my hair. Why? Why did I have to go and fall for a dragon rider? As I thought on it more though, she interested me. She had the unusual ability to get dragons to trust her. She even talked to them as if... I paused, thinking. No... There was no way she could actually understand the beasts. The stories my parents had told Ryker and I were just myths. Legend. Fairytales. Not true. Dragon whisperers were just a story told to scare children like the legend of the Lycanwings. I shook my head, laughing at how stupid it sounded. I took the note and shoved it into a drawer before getting to my feet. The sun would be setting soon and I made it a point of never being late. I stepped around my desk just as Ryker stepped into my tent. 

"Ryker? Shouldn't you be preparing for the launch of Project Shellfire?"

"I need to speak to you." Ryker said, brushing off the question. 

"Can this not wait?"

"No. It can't, brother." I raised an eyebrow at the way Ryker said the word "brother". His tone sounded like poison. It was unsettling. 

"Then make whatever you have to say quick. I'm busy at the moment."

"Oh? Are you going somewhere? Or perhaps to see someone? That pest perhaps." I sighed shaking my head in disapproval.

"Why must you make it a habit of calling her that? She done nothing to you."

"She has actually. The mere fact that she's here, in our camp!" Ryker spat, gesturing to the tent's flaps. 

"She's supposed to be here. Besides, she's been quite useful." Ryker stared at me for a moment before starting to laugh.

"Oh... I see now. She's got you in so deep that you can't see her for what she really is, can you." I could hear how he opted to make what he said a statement, not a question, but what he said confused me. 

"What are you blabbering on about?"

"She not human! Those stories father and mother told us about women who could speak to dragons. That pest is the exact example of what they told us!" I stared at him.