Chapter 38

I stood in front of one of the many crates of weapons, sifting through the array of swords the Iron Mason had available for us. The hunters that I had traveled here with were taking the many crates of weaponry from the Iron Mason's booth and carrying them to the ship. 

"This batch will be acceptable if you'll be so kind as to box them up for us." I heard someone say behind me. I glanced over my shoulder to see who had spoken, my eyes widening when I saw who it was. 

"I'm sorry, but those weapons are spoken for." the Iron Mason informed Queen Mala and the red haired man next to her. 

"All right, then we'll take these." the man said, gesturing to a different crate of weapons. 

"As I said, spoken for." The red haired man didn't look happy about what the Iron Mason kept repeating. 

"Spoken for by who, Iron Mason?" Mala asked just as a few of my hunter traveling companions returned. 

"Pay him." one of the hunters said to the two dragon defenders, catching their attention as he picked up one of the crates. "Or don't. Doesn't matter." I glared at the hunter for being so rude, watching as the red haired man stepped in front of the hunter, blocking his path. The hunter dropped the crate he'd been holding and drew a sword from it, the red haired man and Mala drawing their own weapons in turn, followed by the other hunters all around the area. I was just about to call them off when someone else beat me to it. 

"Hunters." I looked past the red haired man to see a man in a brown cloak, his hood pulled over his head, casting his face in shadows. "Have you all taken leave of your senses? On your knees before Queen Mala." the cloaked man said as he hit the hunter in the back of the leg. I stepped forward as Mala lowered her sword, stopping next to the hooded man. 

"My apologies, Queen Mala, for my hunters' rude behavior. They are simple minded and care not when it comes to starting a fight even if they know they can not win." I said, glaring down at the hunter who was kneeling thanks to the hooded man. The hunter glanced up at me for a moment before staring down at the ground in shame. 

"Go before you get us all killed." The hunter glared at the hooded man before standing, following me as I lead him and two others away from this part of the market. When we were far enough away that we couldn't be heard by them, I smacked the hunter upside the head, glaring at him. 

"What were you thinking challenging Queen Mala and her warrior?!" I snapped. The hunter rubbed the back of his head, but neglected to answer, probably not wanting to get in more trouble. "Go back to the docks tell our friends on the ship to take it away from the island. Tell them that thanks to your quick idiotic thinking, we can't pay the Iron Mason with the Gronckles we promised him until nightfall. Understood?" The hunter nodded, quickly walking off with one of the other hunters that had followed me. 

"What will you be doing?" the other hunter that had followed me asked. 

"I'm going to look into that man with the hood. He was brave enough to risk his own life for Queen Mala and..." 

"And?" 

"He seemed... familiar."

<Hey, dragon lovers! I don't think I mentioned this last chapter, but school has ended for me meaning I have a whole summer free for writing this for you wondrous people. Thank you so much for reading my story up to this point and for liking it as much as you all do. I love you all so much for being excellent readers and for supporting me this whole time. See you soon. Au revoir!>