Chapter 68

Lilac and I held a Gronckle Iron wall plate against Storm's hut as she hammered it into place. 

"Alright, that should be the last plate for my hut." Storm told me, signaling us to let go. 

"Incoming!" Storm and I whirled around to see a Shellfire blast hit beside Snotlout's hut. 

"Just in time too. Get inside, now!" Storm and I rushed into her hut, Starfire and Lilac on our heels. 

"Close the door!" Storm screamed as I jumped, pulling on the cord in turn pulling the door closed just as a blast hit the side of the hut, throwing us off balance. Starfire screeched, the two Night Furies huddling close to each other as Storm and I took cover under a table. 

"When this is over, I'm flying over there and beating Ryker to a pulp." Storm growled, grabbing onto the table's leg as the hut vibrated. 

"Get in line." I mumbled, huddling further under the table. Minutes turned into an hour before finally the attack seemed to let up. 

"C'mon. Hiccup will want us to meet at the clubhouse." Storm said, helping me stand as she got up. 

"Thanks. Lilac, you and Starfire stay here. We'll call if we need you." I ordered before following Storm down to the clubhouse. 

"Okay, I don't know about any of you, but there's no way I'm sitting through that again. We have dragons. We should be out there sinking those ships." Snotlout complained, walking in at the same time we did. 

"Well, thank you for volunteering to go head to head with the Shellfire dragon the hunters have in there command, Snotlout." I snapped back. 

"Melia's right, the fire's not coming from those ships, it's coming from the Shellfire." 

"I hate to be the one to say I told you so, but..." I jumped at the new voice, turning to see Viggo had snuck up behind me. 

"How did you...?" 

"How did you get out?" 

"My friend, Snotlout-" 

"Ya, know what. I'm gonna stop ya right there, Grimborn." Storm cut him off, stomping right up to her brother, grabbing him by the ear and tugging him outside. 

"Ow ow ow ow!" Snotlout complained, wincing at the grip his little sister had on his ear. 

"Whelp, say goodbye to Snotlout." I muttered under my breath, earning a slight smirk from Viggo. 

"Hiccup, you must allow me to assist you, for the sake of us all. The Shellfire's range is over a mile. Ryker is using ships. My ships to be exact, to protect it." Viggo informed. 

"Then we need to get past the ships." 

"And we better do it quickly." Hiccup added before turning to the Twins, "Ruff, Tuff? You're up." 

"We're on it." Hiccup and Astrid started to walk out. 

"Uh, guys? Who'll be watching Viggo?" I ask, gesturing to the hunter beside me. 

"Come now, my dear. Don't you trust me?" I gave him a look. 

"Snotlout will watch him. Won't you, dear brother?" Storm offered, glaring at Snotlout as she made sure to put a snarl behind her words. Snotlout rubbed his ear, shrinking beneath Storm's gaze. 

"Alright then, let's go." I followed the others outside, both Storm and I whistling for our dragons while the others mounted. 

"What was that?" Storm asked as we waited, Hiccup and Astrid already taking off.