Chapter 5

Thornbush landed sneakily behind Viggo's tent, making sure not to create a sound. I quietly jumped off her back and onto the grassy terrain, my boots barely making any noise. I turned my head towards Thornbush slightly and pressed a finger to my lips. We had waited till the cover of darkness to do our little mission. When I had been inside the tent, I had noticed a back entrance, so I snuck towards the tent flaps. I stopped in front of the opening and peeked inside as two familiar voices reached my ears. 

"I told you she'd escape at some point." Ryker's voice stated. Viggo was standing behind the desk, looking down at the 'Maces and Talons' board. 

"She didn't have any weapons on her, so how could she have picked the lock?" Viggo questioned. Of course they found out I escaped. Why wouldn't they have? 

"You threw her in a cage that was right next to a Nadder's. I wouldn't be surprised if the beast helped her escape in return for its freedom." Ryker remarked. 

"If she released the Nadder, she'd have left the island by now." Viggo stated, looking up from the board to look Ryker in the eyes. "I'm sending you on another hunting expedition. You and the team leave in the morning, so I suggest you go get ready." Viggo stated, motioning for Ryker to leave. Ryker nodded and left the tent, leaving Viggo alone. I knelt down and picked up a small rock, never moving my eyes from Viggo. I quietly stood, aimed, and threw the rock at the hanging lamp. The rock broke the glass of the lamp making the base and flame hit the ground, extinguishing the only light source inside the tent so that all there was for light was the eerie glow of the moon. Viggo looked around the tent for the source of what broke the lamp before moving out from behind the desk and kneeling down, picking up the rock I threw. Quietly, I moved the tent flap and snuck up behind Viggo who was still looking at the rock. I carefully grabbed a small battle axe from off the desk and brought the flat side down on Viggo's head. He fell forward, unconscious from the blow. Quickly, I put the axe back on the desk and ran out of the tent. I motioned for Thornbush to come help me. She walked into the tent, grabbed Viggo by the back of his tunic, and dragged him outside. I jumped onto Thornbush's back before she jumped into the air, did a quick turn, swooped down, and picked Viggo up in her talons before flying high into the sky and above the clouds. 

"Where to now?" Thornbush asked. 

"Somewhere no one will find us." I ordered before lying down on her back to look at the stars. If this plan failed, gods help us.