Chapter 41

I ran my hand through my hair, glancing down at Dagur who was sitting on the roots of a tree. 

"I understand if you won't help me get my dragon back. I honestly deserve it for all I've done." 

"No, you don't, Dagur. Neither you, nor Shatter Master deserve this." I said with a sigh. I pulled my hood over my head and held out my hand to him. He looked from my hand to my face, confused. "I sent the ship with the Gronckles away from the docks until nightfall. If we go now, we'll be able to meet them and get him back." I told him, shaking my hand for extra emphasis. Dagur reached up and grabbed my hand, allowing me to pull him to his feet. I let go of his hand and walked in the direction of the docks, Dagur right behind me. I led him through the trees, my sense of direction on an island I've only been on for a day surprising me. By the time we arrived at the docks, the sun was already starting to set, hunter ships on the horizon sailing towards the island. "Come on." I jumped down to the stairs that led down to the docks, walking to the end of the boardwalk with Dagur behind me. 

"Well, it's about time." Dagur commented, standing with his hands on his hips. 

"The less you move, Dagur, the less painful this will be." we heard Heather's voice say behind us. We both turn and narrowly dodge a slash from her double-headed axe. I ran behind some crates peaking out to see Dagur trying to avoid Heather's attacks. "Come on! Fight back!" Dagur ducked behind the crates with me, avoiding blasts from Windshear. 

"Dagur, look out!" I cried, shoving him down just as Toothless shot a plasma blast at his head, exploding a crate that had been right where his head was. 

"Okay. We'll do it your way." Dagur stood, waving his arms at Windshear before dodging, the both of us narrowly avoiding a pounce from Toothless. 

"Run!" I yelled, pushing him in the direction of the stairs as I ducked behind some crates again. I heard arrows being fired from the hunter ships as they drew closer. I stayed down watching as Dagur climbed the stairs back to the markets. Suddenly, Windshear landed behind him, snatching his leg out from under him with her tail, making him hit his head on the hard ground, most likely knocking him out. I followed the dragons with my eyes as they flew off, the hunters still firing arrows. "Stop firing." I ordered as I stood, holding out my hand in a stop motion. The hunters did as they were told, staring after the dragons before turning to me. "Unload the Gronckles and bring them to the Iron Mason's ships. There's nothing left for us to do here." The hunters nodded and went straight to unloading the Gronckles. I watched as they did, immediately noticing the sad looking green Gronckle among the group. "Hold up. I'd like to inspect this one." The hunter holding the Gronckle's chain handed it to me before going back to the ship for another. I kneeled down in front of the Gronckle and touched my hand to his snout. "Don't worry, Shatter Master. Dagur will be coming for you soon. I'm sure of it." I reassured him, petting his snout. Shatter Master purred before a hunter came and took him away from me. I watched as the last of the Gronckles were unloaded, waiting till the last one was on its way up the stairs before I grabbed the attention of the lead hunter. "Tell Viggo we successfully obtained the new weapons for the hunters." 

"Where are you going?" 

"I'm taking my leave. I've been with you guys too long and I'm sure the riders will be suspicious if I'm here any longer." The hunter nodded in understanding before going to join the others. I put my fingers to my lips and let out a shrill whistle, looking around as I waited for Leafblender. When he showed up, I mounted him and directed him to fly to Caldara Cay since that's where the rest of the riders most likely were. As we flew, I wiped the paint off my face and removed my cloak, hiding it in my satchel as we drew closer to the island. "Land in the forest just outside the village, Leafblender." The green Changewing growled in understanding, gliding down below the tree line into an area just outside the village. "Thanks, bud. I'll see you later." I said as I dismounted, swinging my satchel over my shoulder. 

"Goodnight, Alpha." I waved as Leafblender flew off before heading to the village. Quietly, I snuck through the area, ducking behind a hut every time someone walked by. Eventually, I came across a hut where I saw Starfire and Hookfang sleeping by the door. I crept up to the door, patting Starfire's snout as I passed before quietly entering. I glanced around, catching sight of Snotlout on one of the cots, snoring softly while Storm was on another. Knowing if I didn't make my presence known to Storm, she'd most likely beat me up in the morning, thinking I was an intruder. 

"Storm." I whispered, shaking her slightly. Storm groaned and turned her head, half opening one eye to glare at me.

"Leave me alone, Melia. I'm trying to sleep." Storm grumbled, turned her entire body away from me. I rolled my eyes at her before sitting, setting my satchel down on the floor, resting my head on it as I fell asleep after a long day.

<Finally, done with this chapter. Sorry it took so long. I had writers block for a while and even after I got over it I had to reread this a few times to make it didn't sound weird. Hope you guys enjoy and I'll try to update more frequently as long as no more major blocks hit my brain. Happy 4th of July, everybody!>