Chapter 66

"Tidal Class for sure. If I had to guess, Titan Wing. Bigger than a Submaripper. Long range firing capabilities." Hiccup described. He and Astrid had most definitely encountered the Shellfire. 

"Tidal Class dragons don't attack humans. They just don't. It's not in their nature. They're forcing it to do that." 

"I wouldn't put it above Ryker." I remarked. 

"I agree. Ryker has something to gain from all of this, but we can't take Viggo of the playing board yet. Melia, did you have any knowledge of Project Shellfire?" 

"No." I lied, "I mean... I knew it was a ship of some sort and I saw the sketch of the dragon on the plans, but I just assumed it was there for size reference or something. I had no knowledge of them using an actual dragon." Hiccup nodded in understanding. 

"Subjugation." We all glanced at Tuffnut, Storm and I raising an eyebrow in confusion while Lilac tilted her head. "What? I listen and learn, people. That's the word, right?" Ruffnut facepalmed, making Tuffnut question himself. 

"No. No, that... that is technically the word, Tuff, but that's not really..." 

"Important." Storm finished for me. 

"Dagur, Heather, I'm sorry about Berserker Island. We all are." 

"At least we managed to save our people. But to rebuild..." Heather trailed off, sighing. 

"I've been trying really hard to manage my anger, Hiccup. But Viggo? He gots to go." 

"Hey! That's me line." Snotlout exclaimed, Hookfang growling behind him. 

"Sorry, Snot-hat." Storm smirked while Hookfang laughed, I myself attempted to hold in a laugh of my own, letting out small snickers. 

"So, what's our next move?" 

"I don't know." Hiccup stated, making his way over to the entrance where Toothless sat, "The only thing I do know is we've got to find Viggo soon or Ryker and the Dragon Eye could be gone for good." I gave him a confused look. 

"But Ryker doesn't have the Dragon Eye." 

"But Viggo does." Astrid reminded as she walked over to Hiccup. 

"Well, what do you think Viggo's going to do? Walk in here and turn himself in?" 

"Snotlout, you're not helping the situation." 

"Perhaps Ryker will give us more time?" Astrid suggested. I scoffed shaking my head. 

"Ryker will give us nothing. We're on our own." Hiccup nodded in agreement, letting out a frustrated sigh. 

"I need to clear my head." Hiccup said, Astrid placing her hand reassuringly on his arm. 

"I'll hold things together while you're gone. Take your time. We'll be fine." Astrid reassured him. I sigh, petting Lilac's head. 

"You okay?" Storm asked, glancing at me in concern. 

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine." I rubbed my knuckles, the skin starting to bruise. 

"That doesn't look too good." 

"It'll be fine. I've had worse than bruises." 

"Yeah, I know." Storm remarked, glancing back at the group, "Hey, you wanna head back to my hut? I might have a salve for that, we can bandage it up and stuff, you know?" 

"Yeah. Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks, Storm." Storm smiled, grabbing my unbruised hand and dragging me out of the clubhouse toward her hut. It only took a few minutes to get to Storm's hut, Starfire already there, lying curled up by Storm's bed. 

"Here." Storm said, handing me the salve before wandering around in search of bandages. I leaned against her desk, rubbing the salve on my knuckles before placing the jar on her desk. She came back a good five minutes later holding her hand out for mine, bandages in her other hand. She did quick work of tying it securely around my hand. "So you're a warrior and a healer, huh?" 

"Had to make my parents proud with something. I mean it was kinda clear Snotlout was gonna let us down a lot, so I had to uphold the family name." Storm stated, stashing away the salve. 

"But... Snotlout will come through. Some day." Storm gave me a look. "Right?" 

"Some day is your key word, Melia." I laughed, Storm chuckling along. "Okay, c'mon. We better get back." 

"Yeah, yeah." I chuckled again, following her as she led the way back to the clubhouse. I glanced down at my hand, adjusting the bandages. Suddenly, Storm stopped walking, making me stumble backwards after bumping into her. "Storm, what the heck?" I asked, stepping around her, glaring at her in annoyance as I rubbed my nose, "Why would you stop without..." I trailed off as I turned my head, catching sight of someone I never thought nor wished to see again, "warning..." Everyone turned to see Storm and I standing there, Viggo bloody Grimborn standing among them. 

"Well, look who decided to join us." Snotlout remarked, however I remained undeterred, keeping my gaze on Viggo who gave me his signature smirk as his gaze fell upon me. 

"Hello, my dear." I carefully stepped forward, everyone watching me as I approached Viggo. "You truly didn't think I'd leave you all to deal with this alone did you?" He asked, continuing to eye me. I stopped a foot in front of him, staring him down, Lilac getting up from where she'd been laying, positioning herself behind me in a form of support. She knew. She knew with everything going on how I'd react and she was ready to support me no matter my decision. 

"Melia. Whatever you're about to do-" I didn't even let Hiccup finish before I swung a full blown right hook, my fist colliding head on with Viggo's face, making him stumble back into a table. Storm took action before anyone else did, wrapping her arms around me, holding me back as she pulled me away from the hunter, keeping her grip tight on me as I struggled against her hold. 

"Two-timing bastard, hunter scum, son of a-" 

"Okay! Storm, bring her back to her hut to calm down!" Hiccup exclaimed, Toothless bounding over to distract Lilac from her snarling towards Viggo. I didn't fight Storm as much as she dragged me away, whistling to Lilac as I shoved her off me, stomping to the stables to cool down.

<Well... That escalated quickly. At least Melia finally got all her anger out. I think Storm and Astrid rubbed off on her too much when it comes to violence as a solution to aggravation or anger. Let's hope Melia cools down before the next episode begins because there will be tons of Viggo interactions. Hope you enjoyed and see y'all in the next chapter!>