Chapter 1

"You're never gonna catch me, Melia!" Storm yelled from seven feet in front of me. We were dragon racing. I was riding Lilac and Storm was riding her Night Fury, Starfire. 

"Yeah right! Starfire is never gonna be... Hey, what's that?" I asked, pointing out a ship. 

"Looks like a hunter's ship. We should go get the others." Storm said, but I was already headed for the ship. "Melia!" Storm called, flying after me. I jumped off of Lilac and landed gracefully on the ship's wooden deck. "Melia! This isn't a good idea!" Storm called from above. 

"It's fine. I'll just be a minute." I responded before walking down below deck and into the captain's quarters. Opening the door, I stepped inside to see it was empty. 

"Melia!" Storm yelled. I turned and ran up to the main deck to see Starfire and Lilac frantically dodging arrows coming from another hunter ship that seemed to have appeared out of thin air. 

"Lilac, watch out!" I yelled before she dodged an oncoming net. Suddenly, I was grabbed from behind and had a knife put to my throat. 

"Let her go, Viggo!" Storm yelled at the person holding the knife. 

"Melia!" Lilac roared. Oh yeah, did I mention I'm a dragon whisperer, meaning I can understand dragons. Anyway, Lilac dove for the ship, but was stopped by some on coming arrows. 

"Lilac, we're over powered! We need to retreat!" growled Starfire. Lilac looked sadly at me. "We'll come back for her. I promise." Starfire roared before turning around and flying for the Edge. Lilac did a circle in the air and roared into the sky before following Starfire. I watched them until I was dragged below deck from behind and thrown to the ground. I turned to look at this 'Viggo' character, only to see that I had been thrown into the captain's quarters and the door was closed. Quickly getting up, I rushed to the door and tried the handle, only for it to be locked. I felt a pang of sadness in my gut when I looked down at my wrist. There lay the black Night Fury tattoo that I had gotten a couple days after showing up on Berk. The Night Fury had purple eyes just like Lilac. 

"It was necessary." I muttered to myself. "They were outnumbered. They'll come back for me." I decided to just accept what was happening. I sat down in the chair that was in front of the desk and waited. Suddenly, the door burst open and a hunter grabbed me by the arm, pulling me out of my seat. He dragged me out the door and down the corridor where a few dragon proof cages were. At least half of the cages actually had dragons in them. They all looked at me and the hunter with either sad or curious looks. "Why am I down here?" I asked the hunter. He didn't answer. Instead, he opened the door of an empty cage and threw me inside, slamming the door behind me. I turned around and watched the hunter leave. 

"A human?" a purple Deadly Nadder questioned. 

"Maybe she's a hunter that betrayed them." a green Gronckle stated. 

"I'm not a hunter. I'm a rider." I remarked. 

"You can..." "...understand us?" the two heads of brown Zippleback asked. 

"Yes, I can." I stated before sitting down and leaning against the bars of the cage. 'Today's gonna be a long day.' I thought before drifting off to sleep. 

<For those of you who read my other story, yes, my BFF's OC Storm is in this one too. This is mostly 'cause I don't want my OC to be the only one without a BFF. I mean, Hiccup has Fishlegs, Astrid has Heather, and Tuffnutt has Ruffnutt and Snotlout, so why can't Melia have a BFF. Also, yes, Storm has a Night Fury. My BFF originally had her with a Night Fury, but since I wrote in my last story that the only Night Fury Viggo had seen before meeting Lilac was Toothless I had to use her second favorite dragon (which isn't actually an HTTYD dragon), Midnight the Night Nadder. Anyway, here's the first chapter. Enjoy!>