Chapter 56

I stood above everything, switching my gaze between the plans and the actual project. It'd been a few weeks since I helped Mala bring the Eruptodon egg to it's nesting place. It still felt so exciting to have held a rare dragon's egg in my hands, but I couldn't dwell on the past. I shook my head, focusing on the now. 

"How's Project Shellfire coming along?" Viggo asked as he stepped up beside me, watching the work below. 

"It's coming." I answered dryly, studying the plans again. I felt Viggo's eyes on me, but I didn't look up. My focus was solely on the drawing in the corner of the paper. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Nothing." Viggo grabbed the plans and pushed them away from my face, forcing me to look up at him. 

"Something is bothering you. What is it?" Viggo pushed, pinning me with his stern gaze. I sighed and raised the plans up for him to see, pointing to the drawing I had been staring at. 

"I know that's a dragon. Based on what your hunters are building, I'd say Tidal Class and a large one." Viggo glanced at the sketch before looking back at me. "I don't like that you're planning on using a dragon. Forcing it to do something against its will isn't right!" I growled, glaring at Viggo. 

"That's why we won't be forcing it." Viggo reassured me, placing a hand on my shoulder as he lifted the plans up to my eyes again. "You're the dragon expert. I'll be letting you handle the dragon while I handle the hunters." 

"But... We'll still be making it do something it doesn't want to do." I argued, looking up at Viggo. He smiled softly, shaking his head.

 "Dragons listen to you. If you ask it to help us, we won't be forcing it. It would be doing this willingly." I looked down at the ground, still not quite agreeing to this. "Melia, look at me. Please." I grit my teeth, reluctantly glancing back up at Viggo, the pleading tone in his voice getting to me. "I won't make you do anything you don't want to do. I'll stop Project Shellfire and we'll come up with-" 

"No! No, you've already put so much work into this. Besides, Ryker would be pissed with me if you stopped this now. You're right. Me asking a dragon for help isn't really forcing, I just... I'm not entirely sure how I feel about all this." Viggo smiles softly and gently kissed my forehead.

 "Don't worry so much, everything will turn out perfectly." Viggo reassured me, wrapping an arm around my waist. I nodded slowly, still slightly unsure, but for the most part, agreeing. I rolled the plans back up and turned, Viggo releasing me and turning as well just in time to see a hunter approaching.

 "Sir. We sent for all our hunters to return just as you requested." 

"Good. Please inform my brother." Viggo remarked. The hunter nodded before rushing off. I looked down at the plans in my hand before holding them out to Viggo. 

"You'll be needing this." Viggo smiled down at me, kissing me on the forehead as he took the plans. 

"Thank you, my dear. Now, let's get to work."

<Merry Christmas, my dear readers. Hope you all have a happy holidays where ever you are!> 

Heart of a Dragon Whisper (An RTTE Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें