Chapter 33

Luke's POV:

I felt so happy when Caitlyn said yes. The whole time, I knew that I wanted to ask her. When I asked her to go out on a date with me, I knew that I wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend. The closer it got to the day, I thought about it too much and then I got myself scared. Throughout the whole day, I've been putting it off, but I knew that after today, I wouldn't have a very good opportunity, so I quickly asked her.

Where I was so nervous, I ended up asking her out like a complete idiot. I asked her to go out with me, but then to make it completely obvious that I meant for her to be my girlfriend, I told her that I didn't mean taking her to a place. Caitlyn is cute and giggly, and she finds certain things cute, and she told me that she thought I was cute when I asked her out.

After we had both finished our ice creams, we got back into my car. During this whole day, I haven't stopped smiling and I was still smiling now. Caitlyn was rambling about journeys and how whenever she wanted to go somewhere, it's too far and then she can't be bothered to go. I just listened and drove, occasionally nodding my head.

"Are you even listening to me?" Caitlyn asked me, stopping her rambling.

"Not really." I admitted, glancing at her quickly before looking back at the road.

"I just spoke to you for ages about what I hate and you wasn't even listening." she replied, but I could hear a small smile in her voice.

"I know that you were talking about hating journeys and that you can never be bothered." I told her, turning the steering wheel left.

"I said that because of something I was talking about before Luke! I said that everywhere that I want to go, I can never be bothered because it's too far away." Caitlyn told me, making her long story a lot shorter.

"Why were you even telling me this?" I asked her, stopping at the traffic lights. I looked over at her and she just shook her head at me.

"I was telling you it because that ice cream parlour is ages from my house and I like it, but I wouldn't go there very often because it's effort getting there." Caitlyn replied.

"Well that's just lazy." I told her, looking back at the road and driving when the traffic lights went green.

I drove until we got to my house, and then I parked the car out of the front of the house. My neighbour, who is a few years older than me, was outside his house. He looked over at us as we got out of my car and he smirked and raised an eyebrow towards Caitlyn. I smirked back, and ended up laughing.

"What?" Caitlyn asked me, turning around to look at me.

"Nothing, come on." I told her, walking towards the front door of my house.

_____________________

Caitlyn's POV:

When we went into Luke's, after a while we ordered some pizza. We had gotten here at just before 5pm, and pizza took nearly an hour to be delivered, so we ordered at 6pm when we started to get hungry.

"So you're staying tonight?" Luke asked me, even though I had already told him that I would earlier on today.

"Yeah." I replied, nodding my head. After Luke reminded me, I remembered that I had to tell my mum. I quickly pulled out my phone and sent her a text asking if I could stay at Luke's, even though I knew that she would be fine with it.

"Do you want some clothes for later on? I could take you to yours to get some if you wanted, I don't mind." Luke said. He would always suggest something to me, and then get nervous and end up rambling on about anything.