Chapter 24

Caitlyn's POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night in a panic. I'd just had a horrible nightmare. I get these occasionally, always about different things, but always horrible. Sometimes it would be stuff to do with me, or my family and the people I care about. This one was horrible. I was walking home with Annabelle, I don't really know where from. It was really dark, and suddenly, Anna was pulled from my grasp. I screamed and looked everywhere, trying to find her but I could only hear her screaming and crying for me to help, but she just got further and further away from me.

It all felt so real, and even though we don't always get along, it scared the crap out of me. Grabbing a hair band, I tied my hair back and got out of bed. I quietly opened Anna's door and calmed down a lot more when I saw that she was safe, sleeping peacefully in her bed. After closing her door, I walked downstairs to get a glass of water. The kitchen was pitch black, so I turned the lights on. I quickly grabbed a cup and went to the sink, turning on the cold water. As I waited for the glass to fill, I looked up from the sink and straight ahead to the window in front of me.

I almost screamed when I saw someone standing there, looking at me. I dropped the glass in the sink, cutting my finger slightly as I did. The person stumbled, falling down. I heard them curse loudly, and then I knew who it was. I could recognise the voice. My feet padded across the floor and made their way to the back door. I unlocked it and opened it, stepping outside into the cold air.

"Luke." I whispered. "Luke!" I whispered, a bit louder, when he didn't reply.

"Hi Caitlyn!" Luke slurred, stumbling towards me.

I forgot Luke had gone to a party. My eyebrows furrowed as he stumbled towards me. "Why are you here Luke?" I asked him.

"I am very, very, drunk." he slurred back, almost falling over. I quickly reached out my arm and grabbed his, stopping him from falling over.

"Come in." I told him, sighing. "But you have to be quiet; I don't want anyone waking up. I've already broken a glass because of you."

"I'm so sorry Caitlyn! Caitlyn I'm so sorry!" Luke slurred, holding my arm for support and following behind me. I just rolled my eyes at him. He was really drunk.

I led us both into the living room and Luke flopped onto the sofa. I sat next to him, not really knowing what to do. I could feel him looking at me from across the sofa, so I looked back over at him. "How was the party?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Drunk." Luke told me.

"The party was drunk?" I asked Luke, laughing a bit.

"No, stupid. I'm drunk. The party was okay, I guess." Luke told me, shrugging. He was putting a lot more emphasis on his words, and I was finding drunk Luke quite funny, but annoying.

"What went on?" I asked him. I didn't really care about how his party went if I'm honest, but sitting here not talking was boring me. All I want to do is go back to bed.

"Nothing. I drank, a lot. I danced a bit. Then there was this girl who was all over me, so we-" Luke started.

"Okay, I get it." I said. I didn't want to hear about what he did with this girl. I couldn't help but feel a bit annoyed, but I didn't know why.

Luke was laughing, and now he was just annoying me. "You can sleep here if you want, but don't go wandering around my house. Stay here, and be quiet." I told him.

I was about to stand up when Luke grabbed my hand. "Thank you Caitlyn." he slurred, placing a kiss to my cheek. 

"Erm, that's okay." I told him, frowning a bit. Why did he just kiss me? I went back to bed, completely forgetting about my glass of water.