Chapter 28

Caitlyn's POV:

Luke hasn't been in school for the past three days. Normally, I would hate that, seen as Ashton and I haven't spoken much lately. The only times that I speak to Ashton are in our history lessons or when we occasionally text. But the other day, someone new came to our school. She's called Jasmine, and I already know that she's really smart. As she was new, she automatically got teased. The fact that she's smart and looks kind of nerdy didn't help that either.

But I didn't care about what she looked like, and we've become pretty close in those three days. Even though I would have been panicking that Luke wasn't in school and that I would have no one to stay with, when Jasmine came to our school, we immediately started talking and she's really nice. After quite a quick week, it was last lesson on Friday; history.

I got to history fairly early like I usually do, but Ashton wasn't here yet. I waited for quite a while before he finally walked through the door, taking his seat next to me.

"Hey Caitlyn!" Ashton said with a smile.

"Hi." I replied, smiling back.

"I have a party tomorrow, can you come?" he asked me straight away.

"I don't really know Ashton, parties aren't really my sort of thing." I told him, chewing on my lip.

"Please Caitlyn, it's for my birthday!" Ashton said.

"Ashton, your birthday's ages away." I told him, laughing.

"So? It's a very early birthday party. Can you go?" he asked again.

"Ashton, you know I hate parties." I told him.

"Hardly anyone from this school is going, a few but not all of them. Please Caitlyn, you can bring that Jasmine girl if you want to." Ashton told me.

"She's going away for the weekend." I replied.

"So that means you can't go? Please Caitlyn, I won't stop begging until you say yes." Ashton told me. When I just looked at him while chewing the inside of my mouth, Ashton started begging again. "If you don't like it, you can go home early, but I really want you to be there."

"Fine Ashton, I'll go to your party. But if I don't like it, even if I'm only there for ten minutes, I'm going home." I told him.

"Yay!" Ashton exclaimed, grinning like a little kid.

He spent the next hour of our history lesson telling me all about his party. It was tomorrow. It was at his house. It started at 8pm and ended whenever everyone left. I could wear whatever I want to, but I shouldn't look too dressy. I just nodded my head at everything he was saying and tried to remember it all. By the end of the lesson, the only thing I had learnt was what was going on tomorrow.

"See you tomorrow Caitlyn!" Ashton said, giving me a hug.

"Yeah." I mumbled back, unenthusiastically.

"You'll love it Caitlyn, I promise!" Ashton said, squeezing my cheek to be annoying before walking off. I couldn't help but smile, and I shook my head and started walking. 

Luke was getting better, and I was going round his house. We hadn't really spoke much about the other day when we said that we liked each other, we just carried on how we normally were. I sat on the bus, sending a quick text to Luke telling him I would be there soon.

There was quite a lot of traffic, making the bus journey even longer than it normally is. Luke text me multiple times, telling me to hurry up, asking me where I was, saying that I was taking too long. I finally decided to get off of the bus one stop before his when the traffic wasn't moving at all. After telling Luke, he started to send even more texts telling me to hurry up.