Chapter 10

Caitlyn's POV:

I woke up Sunday morning looking forward to the day; lying around doing nothing. At 10am, I got up after lying around for a while and went to make myself breakfast. When I got into the kitchen, I pulled a bowl from the cupboard and filled it up with chocolaty squares (my favourite cereal). Grabbing a spoon, I walked off into the living room, flopped down on the sofa and turned on the TV.

After flicking through the channels for a while, I decided on watching 'Jeremy Kyle'. While I ate, I watched a woman shouting at her ex-husband, accusing him of spending all of his money on drugs and not giving her any money for their child.

"Caitlyn?" I heard my dad's voice calling.

"In here!" I shout back.

"Oh, morning hunny." he started. After I said morning back to him, he carried on speaking. "Your mum has gone out shopping, but she told me to tell you that you need to get ready and meet Luke at the park for tutoring."

What? Is she being serious? Sunday is my relax day, and now I have to go to the park and tutor Luke, without her even telling me herself?

"Cancel." I replied.

"You can't cancel; Luke's dad phoned asking if you could tutor him for today because he thinks the more help the better. You have to get to the park to meet him at 12, as well." my dad said.

"Fine." I mumbled, pushing the bowl onto the table and not really caring when some of the milk splashed out of the bowl and landed on the table.

When I got to my room, I pulled a pair of white jeans with holes in the knees from my wardrobe and a black t-shirt. I put on my usual make-up: a little bit of foundation and some mascara. I walked over to my mirror and brushed through my hair, and then pulled half of it up and left the rest down. Checking the time and seeing that it was already 11:40, I grabbed my phone, my rucksack filled with tutoring books and keys and then walked downstairs.

I didn't bother saying goodbye to my dad before I left, because to be honest I'm quite annoyed at how he's making me tutor Luke on a Sunday. I slammed the door for extra effect and took off walking to the park, which was only a 15 minute walk.

________________________________________________

At the park, I found a little bench and put my stuff down on top. I had gotten here quite quickly, I was 10 minutes early. My eyes scanned across the field in front of me, looking to see if Luke was near, but he wasn't. The sun was beating down on me, making me wish I had of worn shorts. I like hot weather, but not in jeans, it's almost unbearable today.

20 minutes passed, and Luke still wasn't here. It was starting to annoy me how he's always late for everything, but then I guess he does that to keep his 'image' cool. My hands reached out for my bag, and I pulled out a book and started flipping through it to find something to teach Luke about.

After another 15 minutes passed, making the time 12:35. Where is Luke? Normally he's late, but never this late. I started looking around the field for him again. It was hard to spot out Luke; literally all boys have the same hair, quiffs. Suddenly, I saw bright green hair. Michael? I saw he was with two other people, and then I knew Luke was there. So he was meant to be going to tutoring and I got all ready for it and waited and he just goes out with his friends without even telling me?

Finding sudden confidence, I stand from the bench and swing my bag over my back and start speed walking over to Luke. Standing in front of them really brought my confidence back down, and I suddenly didn't know what to say.

"What do you want?" Michael said coldly.

Calum and Luke stood there staring at me. I could see something in Luke's eyes, but I couldn't tell what it was.