Chapter 21

Caitlyn's POV:

I made the whole of the cake, while Luke just stood there. He would occasionally talk, only to try and tell me I had done something wrong when I was making the cake. He kept telling me I had gotten egg shell in the cake, or asking me if I was sure I was doing everything in the right order. When I had prepared the cake, I put it in the oven. I had just taken it out of the oven and we were waiting for it to cool down before we made the icing.

"What are we having for dinner then?" I asked Luke, who was looking at the cake. He picked a bit off, eating it.

"The cake." he told me, pointing to it.

"We're having cake for dinner?" I asked him.

"Yeah, unless it tastes weird because you kept getting egg shells in the mix." Luke said, looking at me with a serious expression on his face.

"There was no egg shell in the mix!" I laughed, hitting his arm. Luke started laughing along with me

"There was!" he insisted, pushing me gently.

"Okay, I guess I can't really lie about it anymore. Maybe you should make the icing." I replied.

"No eggs are needed for icing; I think I can trust you to make it." Luke told me. I rolled my eyes at him playfully and then started to make the icing.

We had made a chocolate cake, and Luke wanted chocolate icing to go on the top. He was telling me that he was really excited to eat the cake because he had bought smarties to go on top of the icing. As I was stirring the icing, Luke dipped his finger into the bowl.

"Luke! We need that for the cake!" I told him.

Luke ate the icing from his finger before getting more icing on his finger, rubbing the icing on my nose. I let out a laugh and started spreading the icing over the cake, ignoring the icing that was on my nose. When the cake was finished, I turned around to Luke and smiled proudly.

"Look at my work of art!" I exclaimed, pointing to the cake.

Luke completely ignored the cake, looking at me instead. "Ew, you have something on your face!" Luke said, screwing his face up teasingly.

"Oh, I wonder what it is." I said, wiping it from my nose and onto Luke's cheek.

"It's still there a bit." Luke told me, laughing slightly. He reached out his hand and brushed the icing off of my nose. Luke looked at me for a few seconds, before looking to the cake. "Okay, smarties!"

Luke happily showed me the three tubes of smarties he had bought, before tipping a whole tube of smarties onto the cake.

"Luke! You've ruined my cake, it looks so messy now." I whined.

"It'll taste better with smarties on than without, you made it so it probably tastes like shit." Luke said.

"You're the one who's saying that my 'shit' cake is for dinner." I replied, pushing some of the smarties apart so they were evened out a little more.

"Stop!" Luke told me, grabbing my hands and pulling them away from the cake. I sighed, and watched as he went to a cupboard, pulling out two plates. He put them by the cake before opening a drawer and pulling out a knife and two forks.

Luke came back to the cake, cutting two huge slices and putting them on the plate. He picked up a fork and started eating. I watched him, waiting to see if it was nice before I tried any.

"The smarties definitely make it better." Luke said, before eating more of the cake.

_____________________