Chapter 19

Caitlyn's POV:

I woke up in a really good mood considering it was a school day. Mainly because today is the last day of school for two weeks until we have to go back. My alarm went off, signalling for me to get up. Lazily, I stood up, making my way to the bathroom. I got straight into the shower, washing my hair and body before quickly shaving my legs. There was no point to shave, I'm probably going to be wearing jeans again today, but I did anyway.

I stepped out of the shower, surprised at how quickly my shower was today. After putting on my dressing gown, I picked up my brush, brushing through all of the knots in my hair. The wind making my hair fly everywhere yesterday made my hair even more knotty, making it quite hard to brush. When my hair was brushed, I threw the brush onto the bed and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

"Morning." my dad said, standing at the oven, which was quite weird.

"Where's mum?" I asked him.

"Morning dad!" my dad joked.

"Sorry, morning dad. Where's mum?" I corrected myself.

My dad laughed a bit and turned around. "She went with Anna for a school trip, they asked for some mums to go and she offered."

"Oh, why would she do that when she can sit in all day?" I asked, laughing a bit.

"That's what I thought." my dad told me, putting a plate in front of me. He had made sausage sandwiches for us.

"Maybe mum should go to the trips more often, she hardly ever cooks me breakfast." I joked to my dad, picking up my sandwich and eating some.

"I only did because I wanted one as well." my dad told me.

We ate our breakfast, talking about anything, before I went back upstairs to finish getting ready. I had left it a bit later today, despite my quick shower, and it was already 7:15. I leave for school at 8am, so I have quite a bit of time.

Sitting in front of my mirror, I dried my hair, which didn't take long because my hair was basically dry anyway. After drying it, I quickly straightened it. When my hair was finished, I stood up and looked out the window. Summer weather in England is so unpredictable, yesterday it was freezing cold and today it looks quite hot outside. Quickly, I pulled out my phone and checked what the weather was going to be like today (just in case) and it said it would be really hot later.

I finally decided to wear a pair of denim shorts with a baggy white t-shirt with a small pocket on the left side, tucked into the shorts. Like usual, I pulled on my white converse before sitting in front of my make-up table. I put a bit of foundation on, and then some mascara. I don't wear much make up, unless I'm going somewhere and want to look nicer.

When I was ready, I picked up my bag and phone, walking downstairs. My dad had already left for work, so I picked up my keys and left the house. I walked to the bus stop, the sun shining down and feeling in a good mood. I love when we get to have time off of school. A few minutes after I got to the bus stop, the bus was already here.

When I got to school, I walked past the gates, where Luke, Calum and Michael already were. I quickly glanced over at them to see Michael and Calum talking. Luke was looking over at me, and as he saw I was looking, I swear I saw him smile at me. Not wanting to seem rude, I returned the smile just as Michael saw me.

"Did you see that guys? Caitlyn just smiled at Luke! Aw, Caitlyn has a little crush!" Michael exclaimed, laughing.

"I wonder what Luke would say!" Calum joined in.

I started walking a bit quicker to get inside school, but as I did, I heard Luke laughing along with them.

_________________________