Chapter 31

Caitlyn's POV:

I stayed at Ashton's house until it was completely spotless. Everything was picked up from the floor and thrown away, and all of the furniture was pushed back into place. It took quite a while, with regular breaks of doing nothing, and when we were finally finished, Ashton's mum got home.

"The house is looking oddly clean." Ashton's had mum said as soon as she walked in, a eyebrow raised. Ashton laughed, before telling her how we both cleaned up. 

I stayed round Ashton's house for another ten minutes before I told him I was going home. I'd been thinking about the Luke thing the whole day, and even though I haven't heard his side of the story, the text said enough. Whether it's true or not, why would that girl send him a text saying that anyway?

It was Monday, and I was on my way to school. I was grateful that I had Jasmine to spend the day with, because I need to talk to her about Luke. I'm not sure if I'm ready to talk to Luke yet, I still feel quite confused and upset about it all. At least I can go to school and talk to Jasmine about it all.

I had put no effort into my outfit and hair today; I just really couldn't be bothered. I was wearing leggings and a baggy hoodie, my hair up in a messy bun. The closer that we got to school, the more nervous I was getting. Obviously I would see Luke today, and no doubt he'll be standing at the school gates with Calum and Michael like he is every morning. By the time I got off of the bus, my hands were sweating and I was chewing on my lip.

I walked quickly from the bus stop to school, and just like usual, Luke and his friends were standing outside school. I stood on the opposite side of the road, waiting for the traffic lights to go red so that I could cross. Cars drove past, and I was hoping that they would cover me so that Luke wouldn't be able to see me. But to my luck, a car starting tooting its horn, causing all three of them to look in my direction. Calum and Michael wrinkled their noses and looked away, but Luke stood there staring at me.

As soon as the lights went red, I quickly crossed the road. I looked down, away from Luke, but I could still feel his gaze on me.

"Caitlyn!" I heard someone shout.

My heart started beating really quickly. I was being really stupid, but I'm not ready to talk to Luke this early in the morning. When I saw Jasmine walking towards me, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Hi." I sighed.

"Hey! What's wrong? You look shit scared!" Jasmine said, laughing slightly.

"Cute, Caitlyn finally has a friend." I heard Calum say. I looked down at the ground, but before I did, I saw Jasmine shoot them a dirty look.

She's completely different to me, instead of being scared and shying away from all of the teasing and the remarks, she stands up to them. All last week, people were pushing her, calling her names, and she really didn't let it affect her. She just gave them dirty looks, rolled her eyes or even replied to them with a remark before carrying on talking normally.

Jasmine pulled on my arm, making me walk with her into school. She started talking about her weekend with her parents and how boring it was, while I just listened. I was glad that she was talking, because even though I wanted to talk to her about the Luke thing, I didn't want to yet. I haven't even been up for two hours, and I'm still really tired.

She walked with me all the way to my first lesson, before telling me that she would meet me at break time and going off to her class. I was kind of thankful, now I didn't have to cooperate in a conversation and I could just stand in silence, not doing anything. People slowly started to gather behind me, before Mr Smith opened the door and told us to come into class.