Chapter 26

Luke's POV:

I woke up for the second time in the past few weeks to see Caitlyn peacefully sleeping, sprawled over me. Caitlyn ended up staying round last night; she didn't want to get the bus in the rain and refused to put up with my 'shit driving'. It didn't really bother me though, I like having her around. It's nice to spend time with someone who has a really great personality. Michael and Calum do have good personalities, but only to certain people. When we go out places, they completely change and act like someone they're not, whereas Caitlyn is completely herself.

My arm was wrapped around her, resting on her side. Her arm was slung over my chest, her head nuzzled into my neck. Our legs were tangled together, and I was really comfortable. Lying here was boring me though, but I didn't want to move. I reached my hand out and played with the ends of Caitlyn's hair. For some reason, I'm always playing with Caitlyn's hair. I don't know why, but whenever we're lying like this, or even sitting near each other, I just start playing with her hair. She has pretty hair, a nice light brown colour. It's long, which makes it even better for me to play with.

Caitlyn sighed, stretching out her legs and then tangling them in mine again, but moving herself so that her head was on my chest.

"Are you awake?" I asked, my voice still groggy from where I had only woken up a few minutes ago.

"No." she mumbled back, wrapping her arm around me tighter.

I smiled, shaking my head. Mindlessly, I went back to playing with her hair. Suddenly my phone started ringing, and I let out a groan. I moved to reach for it and Caitlyn mumbled things at me until I had my phone and was laying back down.

I looked at the caller ID and saw Calum's name. "Hello?"

"Hey Luke. Me and Michael are going out later, shall we come by and pick you up?" Calum asked me.

"No. No, I'm not going out." I told them. We go out near enough every weekend, and it's never really different. 

"Why not?" he asked me.

I thought for a while before actually answering. "I'm with Caitlyn." I told him. Caitlyn lifted her head and furrowed her eyebrows at me as if I was crazy. I just gave her a weird smile and pushed her head, making her hair go in her face. She slapped my arm and I smiled.

Calum was quiet for a while before actually answering me. "Why?" he finally asked.

"Because I am?" I replied, as if it was really simple.

"So you want to stay with that nerd instead of us?" Calum asked me.

"Actually, yes. I do. So if you don't mind, I'm going to eat breakfast." I told him. As I moved the phone from my ear, I heard him call me a douche.

"Why did you do that?" Caitlyn asked me, sitting cross legged in front of me now.

"I don't want to go anywhere with them, I wanted to stay here with you." I replied. My cheeks heated up as I admitted that to her.

She chewed on her bottom lip before replying. "Well that's awkward because I don't want to stay here with you." she told me.

When she said this, I let out a laugh. "That's an obvious lie." I replied, standing up and walking over to my door.

"Where are you going?" Caitlyn asked me, still sitting on my bed.

"To eat breakfast?" I told her, as if it was an obvious answer.

As I said it, I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Like I thought she would, Caitlyn followed behind me. She stood and watched me as I searched the cupboards for something to eat.