Chapter 30

Caitlyn's POV:

Luke was babying me, following me around all night and acting like was my parents. The night really was going well; I was having so much fun. Ashton had let Luke stay, and now I have someone to stay with instead of being on my own and I can really enjoy myself.

"I'm going to get another drink!" I told Luke, not waiting for an answer before I stumbled off through the crowd.

"No more Caitlyn! You're going to make yourself sick!" Luke told me, following close behind me.

I carried on walking to the kitchen anyway, stopping and standing by the fridge.

"Do you want to share a drink then Lukey?" I asked him, tilting my head slightly.

"No Caitlyn, I'm driving, I already told you. And stop calling me Lukey." Luke replied, smiling a crooked smile at me.

Instead of going back to the living room where all of the music and dancing was, I stood in the kitchen, leaning against the counter. My eyes felt heavy, and my vision was blurry. Luke was staring intently at me his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Are you going to be sick?" Luke asked me, gently putting his hand on my arm, rubbing it slowly.

"No, no. I'm fine! I'm just bored because you are boring." I told him, pointing my finger at him.

"Luke just shook his head at me, slowly sliding his hand down my arm until he wasn't touching my arm anymore. "I'm going outside for a cigarette."

As Luke walked from the kitchen and towards the back door, I stumbled behind him, grabbing the wall as I got to the door, steadying myself before walking outside. Luke stood near the door, pulling a cigarette from the packet and lighting it. He brought it to his lips before blowing it away, and I stood there staring at him.

"And you say that I stare a lot." Luke said, smirking, as he looked over at me. I smiled at him before looking away, down the empty garden. Cans were all over the grass, and I felt bad for Ashton having to clean all of this mess up tomorrow.

I suddenly found myself fascinated by Luke and his cigarette, the smoke blowing through the wind as he breathed out. I reached my hand out, taking the cigarette from him. Luke quickly snatched it back from me, shaking his head. I frowned at him, my head tilting again.

"No Caitlyn, don't. Smoking's a disgusting habit." Luke told me, his voice soft. He took one last bit of the cigarette before tossing it to the floor, stepping on it and putting it out.

"But you smoke, stupid." I replied, looking at him.

"It was a stupid mistake I made ages ago; it's not easy to give up either. I don't want you to start that." Luke told me, stepping closer to me.

The cold air blew around us, making my hair fly around my face. I shivered, turning back around to the door.

"Okay mum." I replied, giggling as I walked back into the house.

Luke's POV:

Caitlyn was absolutely wasted. I've never seen her like this, and even though I'm more than concerned about her, I can't help but find her amusing. Being stupid, I let her go off to the toilet on her own. Caitlyn can barely stand up, so it was a stupid decision for more than that. She's been gone for about ten minutes, and I'm starting to get more worried. I have no clue where the bathroom is, but I wandered around the house until I reached the stairs.

I jogged up the stairs two at a time, and when I reached the top, I looked at the doors. There was nothing worse than walking into an occupied room, but I couldn't give a shit. Door after door was opened, none of which Caitlyn was in. Suddenly, I felt a hand wrap itself around the back of my neck. A bit confused of who it was, I turned myself around. My eyes widened when I saw that it wasn't Caitlyn, and who it actually was.