Chapter 13

Caitlyn's POV:

It was finally Friday. I stood leaning against my locker, talking to Ashton. I weren't tutoring Luke today, and I weren't going anywhere other than home after I leave school, but I've been standing here by my locker for at least 20 minutes now. Near enough everyone had left school, apart from the few in detention, or the few talking to people like me.

"So, the other day was fun." Ashton said, a smile spread across his face.

"Hm, I'd say average." I teased.

"Oh really?" Ashton said, moving his hands to my sides.

"Really." I replied with a small smile.

Ashton started squeezing my hips, tickling me. I thrashed around, trying not to scream because we were still in school.

"Ash- Ashton, sto- stop." I laughed.

Ashton laughed, and eventually stopped tickling me. He returned to how he was standing earlier, right in front of me, his hands playing with mine. "Are you doing anything tomorrow?" he finally asked.

"Nope." I told him, popping the 'p'.

"Okay then, do you want to-" he started before he got cut off.

"Caitlyn!" someone called.

Ashton stepped aside a little bit, turning to look at who was calling me like I was. Luke came jogging towards us, a piece of paper in his hand and I immediately smiled.

"I uh, wrote the list." he told me.

"Thank you, obviously it will come in handy." I laughed, and he nodded.

"I'm in a hurry, uh, bye." he said, looking from me to Ashton and then jogging away again.

I took the hand that was still in Ashton's away slightly and unfolded the sheet of paper, my eyes scanning the words written on them. 'Some algebra, not all' he had written at the top.

"What is it?" Ashton asked me, making me tear my eyes from the paper to look up at him.

"Tutoring. I kind of suck." I told him, laughing.

"Oh, okay." he replied, laughing as well.

I shoved the piece of paper into the back pocket of my jeans and turned to open my locker, pulling my bag out and putting it over my shoulder. Ashton took this as a sign that we were leaving and picked his backpack up from the floor, pushing it over his shoulder too.

"Oh yeah, you were saying?" I asked him, putting my hand in his. His fingers intertwined with mine.

"Oh, I was just wondering, well, my mum was wondering too I guess, if you would come round for dinner tomorrow? You don't have to, it's not like a 'meet my parents meal' because you've already met them so-" Ashton told me, and this time I cut him off.

"I would love to have dinner at yours." I told him, smiling.

"Yeah?" he asked me.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Okay, I'll pick you up at 5? Don't get all dressed up, it's nothing formal." he told me before leaning down and pressing his lips against mine.

I waved goodbye and so did he, and then I started walking to the bus stop.

___________________________

"Caitlyn! Why are you home so late?" my mum asked me.

My mum, dad and sister were already in the dining room, a plate of food in front of them.