Chapter 25

Caitlyn's POV:

The two weeks off went far too quickly, everyday filled with tutoring sessions. Luke had made a lot of progress, even though after practice exams he came to my house in a mood he didn't think he did as good as he could have. It is only practice exams, not the real ones, but I would probably be annoyed if I felt I had done shit.

It was a Saturday, and today we were getting our results. Luke and I sat together, waiting on a bench outside until it was time for either of us to go in. Luke sat, bouncing his knee up and down. I almost laughed when I thought back to the time he told me he couldn't give a shit about school.

"Luke, relax." I told him, laughing slightly.

Luke turned to me and sighed, rubbing his hands over his face. "I can't. Shit." Luke said.

"Luke, you've improved so much, honestly, you'll do great, I promise." I assured him. Luke looked up from the floor and, childishly, stuck his pinky finger out. I smiled, locking my pinky with his. We sat there, with our pinky fingers still locked, until my finger started to feel weird and I pulled my pinky from his.

"What's the time?" he asked me, his knee still bouncing.

I clicked the lock button on my phone. "11:27." I replied.

"Shit. I go in in three minutes." he told me.

The next three minutes were like the past half hour, knee bouncing, swearing, sighing, face rubbing, anything. When it was half past eleven, Luke got up and went in for his results. I sat on the bench, waiting for him to get back. I get my results at 11:40. Compared to Luke, I wasn't really feeling very nervous. 

After a few minutes, Luke was walking back. A huge grin was plastered across his face, making me grin. I stood from the bench, starting to walk to him. When we were a few steps away from each other, Luke opened his arms out. I found myself running the last few steps. As soon as I was in front of Luke, his arms wrapped around my waist, lifting me from the ground.

I wrapped my legs around Luke, my arms around the back of his neck. I let out a small giggle when Luke span in a circle, my hair flying around. "What did you get?" I asked him, smiling, after he'd stopped spinning.

For the first time ever, I was taller than Luke. He looked down at me, that stupid smile spread across his face. "I got a C!" Luke exclaimed.

"Luke!" I exclaimed, happiness clear in my voice. Luke was still grinning, still holding me. He looked up at me, right into my eyes like he always does. His tongue swiped across his lip before his teeth chewed onto his lip ring. I find something so weird about Luke. Maybe it's how whenever I look at him lately, I start to think different things to what I normally would.

Normally I would hate even looking at him. Then I would cope with it because I had to. Lately, I find myself looking at him quite a lot, taking in every detail. I've known for a while that his eyes were blue, but I've never noticed just how blue they are. Now that I'm at his height, looking right into his eyes, I could see them so clearly now. Luke, the boy I used to hate, the boy I used to think was revolting, is actually really good looking.

Luke was still looking into my eyes, and I could feel his face getting closer and closer to mine. When our lips brushed, my eyes fluttered closed. Luke's lips moved slowly against mine, and mine moved back. What I found weird was that this didn't feel weird at all. I never thought this would be happening, but it is now, and it doesn't feel weird. Luke gripped a hand around me, moving the other hand to my hair. He pushed a bit of my hair back, moving it from my face. His hand went to my cheek, before he pulled quickly away.

I opened my eyes, a bit confused at how quickly he'd moved away. Luke dropped me to the floor, and I landed on my feet. Luke looked a bit panicked.