If I'm Not Back Again

We walked through a chamber, being quiet so that no one was to hear us. We had found a person and threatened them, and they told us that Aang was in the spirit oasis. "What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Just stay in here, and start running ahead when I come with the avatar. We will need to be quick." Zuko instructed.

"Hm, ok. I can be speedy." I replied, rubbing my arms as we went. Everything was so cold. As we walked closer, I began to hear voices.

"Maybe we should get some help?" A voice said.

"No, he's my friend. I'm perfectly capable of protecting him." Another voice said, me instantly recognizing it was Katara. I nodded to Zuko and he began to walk out into the oasis.

"Well, aren't you a big girl now?" He said, I stayed behind the ice so that Katara didn't see me. I didn't want to get involved. I would have to rely on my hearing to understand what was happening.

"No!" Katara said in outrage.

"Yes! Hand him over, and I won't have to hurt you." I heard Zuko respond.

I heard Zuko fire several streams of fire, and then Katara hit him with water. Someone hit the ground.

"I see you've learned a new trick. But I didn't come this far to lose to you." Zuko said.

Seriously? Was Katara about to beat up Zuko? What do I do if she beats up Zuko? Oh, well. I suppose peace was never an option between Katara and I anyway. She angered me.

I heard a loud splash of water and a grunt by Zuko.

"You little peasant. You've found a master, haven't you?" Zuko's muffled voice said.

I felt the ground shake lightly, and I couldn't help but peak out and look at the action. Zuko was encapsulated by ice and quickly broke out. They traded shots which all missed. Zuko got behind Katara and almost grabbed Aang's collar, but Katara blasted him out of the way with a jet of water. He got blown over to the right ledge. While he tried to recover, Katara raised a huge wave of water that raised him to ten or more feet up the wall. She froze him in place once again.

"What the fuck," I slipped out of my mouth as I looked at Zuko, whose head was drooped in defeat. I covered my mouth as Katara heard me and spun around.

"Ashley. I see you are still hanging around Zuko, huh?"

"I sure am," I replied, keeping an eye on Zuko.

"Aw, look, you even have matching outfits." Katara said mockingly. Why was Katara getting her panties in such a twist?

"It's called having fashion sense, Katara. I'm sure you wouldn't understand that, though, considering how you wear the same outfit literally everyday." I shot back.

She scoffed. "Why are you here? Do you think you could save your boyfriend? You aren't even a bender."

My corners of my mouth rose slightly. "You are right, Katara, I'm just a poor non-bender." I knew that me being a firebender still would have no effect, based on how weak I was, but it was fun to have Katara still think I was a non-bender. I pretended to busy myself by looking at my nails. "Well, it's good to see you've gotten better at waterbending, Katara. You really needed it."

Katara glared at me and didn't respond.

I suddenly felt a strong surge of energy flow throughout me, and I let my cool composure fall. Why did I feel so strong all of the sudden?

Sunlight began creeping through the oasis. I saw Zuko's head snap up with a look of determination. He breathed steam, melting the ice holding him in place. He slid down and charged Katara again. I stepped back, getting out of the way.