And Leave Me To Die?

I got back to my room without being spotted. Mission successful. The next day, I was greeted by a pounding at the door. I woke up and saw I was still wearing Zuko's robes. "Uh... one second!" I spoke loudly. I threw the hooded robe under the bed and stood up. I couldn't let anyone know I changed last night, there would've been no reason to if I stayed in my room as I should've. I dusted off the remaining robes I was wearing and opened the door with a tiny smile. "Azula!" I greeted.

She glanced down at the outfit and frowned. "You look like Zuko with that on."

"Thanks." I replied.

"Wasn't a compliment." Azula said dryly.

"What are we doing today?" I asked eagerly. I wanted to steer as possibly away from anything that would make Azula suspicious that I had seen Mai and Ty Lee the previous night. I was just waiting for Azula to mention something that gave away she knew what I did. But that never came.

"Meeting with my father." Azula said as she looked at her nails. "You have to come with me." She added.

I widened my eyes. "What? No. I'm not doing that."

"Yes you are." Azula snapped. "So I suggest you wear something a bit more formal."

I glanced down at myself and shrugged. "Like what?"

She pushed past me with a sigh and opened the doors to Zuko's wardrobe. "I guess that's the difference between us. I have style." She pulled out one of Zuko's older sets of armor, similar to what she herself was wearing. "This is from when Zuzu was little. Put it on." I grabbed the armour and glanced at Azula as she stood there with her hands on her hips. "Well? We don't have all day!" Azula said impatiently.

"Can't I change in private?" I replied in annoyance. "Or are you just gonna watch me change?"

Azula's gaze lingered upon me for a moment before she turned around. "We don't have time for this. Just put it on." She said as she faced the wall.

I tore off my robes and put the armour on quickly. That was odd to say the least. "Okay, I'm done."

Azula spun back around and examined me. "We need to fix your hair." She noted. "How did you dye it before?"

"Why do we need to dye it? I like it like this."

"Because." Azula said with her jaw tensed. "You are going to be in that big meeting with my father. Do you want him asking questions about where you are from? I'm just trying to help you out, Ash."

I sighed at the mention of my nickname, but didn't comment. "Fine. You have any black ink?"

She nodded and gestured for me to follow her. She led me to her room and I walked inside. I nearly gasped at the slight. I remember the last time I came in, it was neat, with nothing out of place. Now it was messy. Clothes strewn on the ground, and several burn marks on the red walls. The door to her wardrobe even seemed to be partially broken. I stood in the doorway and looked around in surprise.

Azula glanced around and seemed embarrassed. "Renovation." She mumbled, before pulling my arm over to her desk. I sat down at her chair and narrowed my eyes at all the scrolls thrown across her desk. She opened a cabinet and started looking through it for some ink. "Don't read any of those scrolls." She warned. "Oh, wait, I guess you can't." She added sarcastically, coming across as belittling.

The room was very concerning. It looked as if Azula went crazy one night and started throwing everything around. "Azula, are you... okay?" I asked in concern.

She let out a loud (very fake) laugh. "Why wouldn't be okay?" She asked as she brought out a jar of ink and handed it to me.

"It just... looks like there was a fight in here, or something." I said awkwardly, as I unscrewed the lid.