Pulled My Trigger

I sat in Zuko's room as he gathered the things he would need in order to break into Zhao's facility. He put his broadswords over his back and then grabbed the blue mask from his bed.

"Remember not to let anyone see who you are, this is literally a criminal act against the fire nation." I reminded him.

"Don't worry, I'll be careful." Zuko replied. "And when I come back, I'll have the avatar."

I gave him a tight hug. I let go and smiled. "Don't die." I added.

Zuko smiled back slightly and put the mask over his face. He opened up the door to his room and looked both ways before running out.

My smile faded and I flopped down on the chair in front of his desk.

I glanced down at the several papers strewn across his desk and I couldn't help but notice a letter written to Zuko.

I looked back at the door Zuko had just walked out of with a wave of guilt. I shouldn't go through his letters. It was a total invasion of privacy; I had no right. But it doesn't matter anyway. Zuko wouldn't find out. I grabbed the letter which had already been opened and read by the way it had been unfolded on the desk messily. 

I glanced at the parchment and sighed. I forgot I couldn't read these characters they used in this world. I scanned towards the bottom and did a double-take as a saw a tiny heart. I knew it! Zuko did have a secret girlfriend! It would only make sense that he did. After all, a handsome prince wouldn't have much trouble with the ladies. I shook my head. Not that it mattered to me. I wasn't interested in Zuko or anything.

"Why do I even care?" I mumbled to myself. I sighed and walked to the door. I'll just ask Iroh if he gets mail often and that will be the end of it.

I walked to the helmsman tower and sat down next to Iroh. "Hey Iroh, what's up?" I asked as I watched him continue to play Pai Sho against a crew member.

"Just playing another game of Pai Sho, Iroh replied, as if it was his duty to do so.

"I had a question; how often does Prince Zuko receive mail, just for curiousity's sake?"

"Why are you trying to intercept my nephew's mail?" Iroh questioned back.

"I'm not trying to. Listen, to be honest I literally just wanted to know how often he gets mail."

"For what reason?"

"I was just curious."

"You ain't slick." Iroh replied, using the new language I had taught him.

I rolled my eyes slightly at his phrase, and looked away with a slight blush.

Iroh put his tile down and looked at me. "So you have been intercepting mail, huh?"

"No.. I just saw one letter and was curious. Does Zuko have a special someone?"

"Why are you interested in Prince Zuko's love life?" Iroh asked with a visible smirk.

"Because, he never told me and now I'm finding evidence that he did- or does and it's making me curious." I explained.

Iroh shook his head slowly. "It's not my place to tell."