Nothing Really Matters

Gaku and I peeked around the corner into the arena where Azula's coronation was supposed to be. It looked like all hell broke loose. And then my eyes went over Zuko's body, laying unconscious in the middle of the area. I gasped and put Gaku on the ground. "Stay here." I instructed as I watched what was going on.

Azula was chasing Katara around. Katara hid behind a pillar. "There you are, filthy peasant!" Azula spat as she approached.

I ran out into the open and started running towards the scene. It anyone could stop Azula from doing something stupid, it'd be me. As they stood over a drain, Katara sent streams of water out to Azula. Azula dodged them and rolled across the drain. Azula raised her fingers up towards Katara's face, and I closed my eyes, expecting Katara to be dead. I opened them a few seconds later in confusion. They were both frozen in water. Katara clearly had this handled.

I ran over to Zuko and knelt down beside him. I looked at his chest in horror. It looked like a certain someone hit him with lightning. "Zuko..." I spoke softly as I cupped his face.

His eyes fluttered open and he let out a grimace of pain. "Ash?" He voice was strained.

"Yes, it's me. I'm here." I said quickly. "Azula did this?" I asked.

"It's okay. I'm used to it." Zuko said sarcastically right before he let out a groan. He studied my face and his eyebrow furrowed. "You're covered in blood..."

I looked down in surprise. He was right, I was covered in a mix of Gaku and Liang's blood. "None of it is mine." I reassured.

"Looks like you murdered someone..." He trailed off.

I took my hands off of him, realizing I was kinda smearing blood on his face. "I didn't kill anyone; I think." I looked back over at Katara. She had tied Azula's hands with chains and connected it to the drain. She'd be bound to the ground. She let the water fall back into the drain and they both started coughing for air. Katara grabbed the chains and tightened them. She then ran over to us. "Ashley! You're here?" Katara asked as she crouched next to me. "Could've come a bit sooner.."

"I know, I was a bit occupied." I replied quietly.

"What were you busy doing? Having a bloodbath?" She asked.

Zuko moaned in pain. I looked down in worry and ran my hand through his hair. "You can heal him, right?"

"I am trying." Katara responded as she got out water. She bent it onto his wound and it started glowing blue. Zuko grimanced and then relaxed. He opened his eyes and looked at us with a smile of relief. "Thank you, Katara."

"I think I'm the one who should be thanking you." Katara replied.

Zuko looked at me and shakily sat up. "What happened to you? I was worried sick."

"He was." Katara confirmed.

"I was kidnapped, and Azula basically made me her fake friend." I replied in annoyance.

He looked over at the tied up Azula in anger.

"Don't take it out on her. She needs help." I said carefully as I glanced over at Azula in pity. I looked behind me and saw Gaku peeking out from the shadows very shyly. "Oh. Gaku, come here!" I called.

Gaku came running over, and I glanced at Katara. "My father cut him up, can you heal him?"

"Of course." Katara replied. "Who is he?" She added.

"My brother." I answered. "Well, my half-brother that is." I said as Gaku came over.

Gaku glanced at Zuko. "Double scar." He commented, pointing at his chest.