Just Killed a Man

I yawned and looked around in confusion. "Why am I on the floor?" I rubbed my eyes and sighed as I felt a slight headache. "Oh yeah, I slept on the floor." I thought while facepalming my head. "Why am I so stupid?" I said aloud. I stood up and held my side, which didn't feel much better. All of the belongings in my room had fallen and were scattered around the floor. I stood up and grabbed my blanket from the floor, putting it across my head and shoulders, like I was some sort of old Russian grandma.

I left my room and walked out onto deck. I walked over to Zuko and Iroh, who were both looking up in relief. I followed their gazes in confusion to see that we were in the eye of the storm.

"Uncle, I am sorry." Zuko said to Iroh.

"Your apology is accepted." Iroh replied with a smile, putting a hand on Zuko's shoulder.

Appa flew out of the water and went by us. I looked at Zuko, expecting him to try to chase the avatar, but he instead seemed more occupied making sure his crew was safe.

I walked to beside Zuko. "Prince Zuko, I can't help but notice that you aren't trying to catch the avatar right now. Why is that?"

Zuko looked at me. "I have decided the crew's safety is more important than the avatar right now."

I smiled. "I think that is a wise decision. Very honorable."

Zuko looked at me and flashed a small smile back at me. "Is your wound better?"

I cringed at the word 'wound'. "Don't call it a wound, it's just a little incision. But yeah, it does feel better then a few hours ago. I think my balance is off a bit though." I replied, shifting the weight on the feet slowly. I took the blanket and put it across my shoulders.
"What are we going to do now?" I questioned.

"Wait this storm out." Zuko replied.

I nodded and widened my eyes as the doctor came running towards us. "You shouldn't have moved! You are barely healed! Where have you been?" He kept running until he reached me and pointed at me accusingly.

I tightened my fists. "I left you because you weren't doing anything. I was tired of just sitting there like a bum. I feel so much better now that I've been moving around."

The doctor glared at me. "You have a serious wound. You cannot be walking up and down the stairs and running around with that. The stitches-"

"I know the stitches could come undone. I know that it could hurt me. I know my limits. So back off." I said, pushing the doctor's shoulder. "If it doesn't heal properly, it's my fault. But you cannot make me sit in there all day. I have a life to live." I retorted, slightly frustrated.

The doctor widened his eyes and bowed slightly. "I understand." He walked off.

I watched him go with confusion. "Why did he bow?"

Zuko watched with a hint of amazement. "You just told him off. You showed authority."

I put my hands on my hips. "Yes I did. This must be how you feel." I thought for a moment. "I wonder why though. I'm still only a random girl."

Zuko shrugged. "It probably doesn't matter to them."

I shrugged back. "I'll ask Jee. He probably would know better then you."

"Ok" Zuko replied.

I gave Zuko a short smile and starting walking up to the helmsman tower were Lieutenant Jee probably was.

I walked into the tower and smiled towards Jee as I saw him playing Pai Sho with one of the guards. I sat down on a chair next to the Pai Sho table and placed my blanket back on my lap.