Chapter 70

Songs for this chapter

Boy - Little Mix

Personal Soldier - The Wanted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian's punches probably would've hurt less.

"What?", I ask in shock. "But I didn't do anything!"

"You faked a relationship", she furrows her eyebrows. "I didn't fake it!", I protest.

"And you broke up with me over a month ago! Are you telling me you've been cutting ever since the day you found out about the deal?"

"Yes", she says quietly. Why? Why would she still do that if I don't mean anything to her anymore?

I can't mean anything to her anymore.

"That can't be true", I sigh. "It just can't."

"But it is", she says barely audible, I'm not even sure if she said it to me or to herself.

I carefully grab her arm and remove the wristbands again. If she really did this because of me I must've caused her so much pain.. And I already thought my life sucks.

Of course hers is worse! I'm so selfish.. How could I be so stupid?

"I'm so sorry", I say and press my lips onto her scars. I look up and see her looking at me with wide eyes.

"I never meant to hurt you. Never", I whisper. "I know you don't love me anymore and I understand that but please just forgive me."

"Luke, I still-", she begins but a familiar voice interrupts her.

"Luke? There you are! How long did you wanna let me- Oh", Michael stops as he notices Ariana.

"Sorry, I-", he begins but before he can finish the sentence, Ariana jerks her arm away and jumps up.

"I.. It's okay, I'm already gone.. Bye", she says, seeming totally puzzled. The next thing I know is that Michael and I are alone.

"You idiot!", I say angrily. "I didn't know you were with her", Michael defends himself.

"Whatever", I groan and walk past him. "Now let's go watch that fucking movie."

We walk to his car and get in but he doesn't make any attempt to start the car. He looks at the street for a few seconds, then he says, "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"There's nothing to talk about", I say harshly. It's unfair to act like this, I know, but I can't help but be pissed at him for ruining this.

"Why was she crying?", he questions and I remember Brian. I'm gonna fucking kill that asshole!

"Brian cheated on her", I say through gritted teeth. "I knew it. I knew all the way that he just wanted to get into her pants! And when she didn't let him, he just fucked someone else!"

"It's not my fault", Michael raises his hands in defeat. "No need to yell at me."

I wasn't even yelling - was I?

"Let's get your mind off that", Michael suggest and finally starts the engine.

I won't be able to forget that this easily..

***

I stumble onto the street and try to keep myself from falling over. I can feel the blood dripping from my nose and try to get as far away from here as possible.

I decided to look for Brian and beat him up for cheating on Ariana - but of course he was stronger.

He's probably gonna follow me so I need to leave this place. I slowly walk into the direction of my house, stopping every now and then.

I feel dizzy and everything hurts, I'm pretty sure my nose is broken. The good thing is that Brian also got a few good punches into his face.

I don't regret it at all to be honest. I already should've done this yesterday after I met Ariana at the park. Not go and see an awful movie with Michael who even admitted himself that it was one of the worst films he's ever seen.

I don't think it ever took me this long to get at least near my house. But what did I expect, I could pass out every second. I never got in such a bad fight before.

I suddenly find myself in Ariana's street, I don't even remember how I got here.

As I walk closer to her house I notice two women in front of the black Range Rover that always parks here.

Thinking about it.. It seems to park everywhere I am.

I take a few steps closer and notice the Range Rover must've hit another car.

One of the women is furiously pointing at what I guess is her car while the other one seems to tell a story.

"..didn't look very clean", the taller one says. "He just jumped out of the car like a freak and ran off. I don't know where he went but I guess he has to come back after some time."

"He can't just drive into my car and run away!", the other one says angrily. "I'm gonna find that idiot!"

"He has grey hair, if it helps you find him", the first one says and I freeze.

Grey hair.. I slowly put the puzzle pieces together.

A man throwing cigarettes out of the car.. Ariana hating cigarettes.. The grey haired man acting all weird when I saw him at New Year's Eve.. A black Range Rover which seems to be everywhere I am - or where Ariana is.. Ariana nearly getting a heart attack when I kicked a rock at it when we went to the fair..

Fuck.

How did I not notice that earlier?! The creep! The fucking creep has been following Ariana the whole time and I didn't realize!

He's been everywhere the whole time! He was so close!

I need to warn her! Does she know it? Of course she does!

What if he's there? What if he's been there a couple of times without me knowing?!

I start running, ignoring how weak my knees feel.

What if something happens to her? What if he already hurt her?

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.

Without thinking about it twice I remove the plant next to the front door from it's spot and grab the key.

I unlock the door and rush into the house, already opening my mouth to call for Ariana - but at that moment something hard hits the back of my head.

The last thing I hear is someone cursing, then I black out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooh

You guys have been commenting "Shit's about to go down" on a lot of chapters but let me tell you.. Now shit's about to go down *evil laughter*

What's gonna happen to Luke? I'm sure you guys want to find out so the more votes and comments there are, the sooner I'll update ;)

Bye, love y'all xxx