Chapter 33

Songs for this chapter

Smile - The Vamps

I wish - One Direction

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mum! Dad! I'm home!", Ariana yells as she enters the house.

She turns around and grins at me, she clearly enjoys shocking everyone around her.

I hear footsteps before her mum appears in the hall, her eyes opened wide. Do ghosts exist? Because Mrs. Clifford looks an awful lot like one right now.

"Ariana.. but.. how", she stutters. "Is everything alright?", Ariana asks casually and tries to hide her smirk. "You're Satan", I whisper into her ear and she giggles lightly.

Her mum just stares at her in shock and Ariana walks over to her. "Where's dad?", she asks and looks around. "In the garden", Mrs. Clifford finally manages to answer. Ariana walks past her out of the room and Mrs. Clifford looks at me with wide eyes.

"Luke! How..?", she begins and I shrug. "I honestly don't know", I tell her and laugh. Before I know what's happening Ariana's mum's standing in front of me and hugs me.

"Thank you", she tells me and I pat her back. "No problem", I answer and try to get out of the hug but it doesn't really work.

Suddenly I hear Ariana and her dad enter the room. "Oh my god! Did you hear that?!", Mr. Clifford yells and runs over to us. His wife finally lets go of me and I quickly make my way over to Ariana.

I grab her waist and pull her close to me while her parents look at us confused. "What's going on?", her dad asks.

"I just felt like talking", Ariana replies, a small smile on her face. I roll my eyes and laugh while her parents look even more confused.

"I mean.. well.. you can't be in a relationship if only one person talks.. that's weird", she says awkwardly and her mum gasps. "I knew it!", she shouts and smiles. "I totally knew you both will end up together", she says happily.

"What? Oh, no, not Luke is my boyfriend", Ariana replies and her parents both raise their eyebrows.

"For god's sake, stop confusing them", I laugh and Mr. Clifford sighs. "So are you both a couple now or..?", he asks, obviously more confused than ever. "Yes", Ariana laughs.

Her parents cheer and we share an embarrassed look. "Well, see you later", Ariana quickly tells them and drags me upstairs.

"I'm sorry, they're so embarrassing", she tells me as we sit down on her bed. Her cheeks are slightly red and I can't help but laugh at how cute she looks. "Don't worry. They're cool", I tell her.

We stay quiet for a couple of minutes, then she moves a little bit closer. "I love you", she whispers as she cuddles up to me. "I love you too", I reply and stroke over her head smiling.

We stay in this position for a while before she pulls away. "Can I ask you something?", she questions and looks at me thinking. I nod.

"Why don't you wanna know anything about me? You don't ask anything.. I don't know, it's just weird..", she says and I gulp. Well, shit.

"You just started talking.. I didn't wanna push you..", I mumble and she raises an eyebrow. She's not buying it. I'm fucked.

"Oh", she replies shortly. "I was just being understanding", I defend myself and she sighs. "Well, thank you", she mumbles and looks away.