Chapter 23

Songs for this chapter

Give Me Love - Demi Lovato (Cover)

Break Free - Ariana Grande ft. Zedd

Independence Day - 5 Seconds Of Summer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later someone rings the bell. I giggle and stumble to the door.

When I open it I find Ariana biting on her nails. She looks concerned. Why is she worried?

Her head snaps up when I open the door, her eyes full of fear. She tries to look over my shoulder. What's in there? I turn around but I can't see anything.

"What are you looking at?", I chuckle and she looks at me confused. "What?", I ask.

My eyes travel down her body as I notice she's only wearing jogging pants, a white shirt and white converse. Her hair's not tied up like usually, it doesn't look like she even brushed it properly. I look at her face, she has bags under her eyes and her lips are dry.

"You didn't put much effort in your appearance today, huh?", I chuckle. Her eyes widen and she takes a step back, looking at me shocked.

"Don't act like you've just seen a ghost, come in", I laugh and stumble backwards. She doesn't move and just stares at me blankly. I sigh and walk over to her. "What is wrong with you?", I slur and try to pull her into a hug but she pushes me away. I laugh and try it again but she just stares at my mouth and wrinkles her nose.

A few seconds later she looks directly into my eyes, I can't read her expression. "What the hell, Ariana, stop that", I laugh and try to grab her waist but she quickly takes a few steps back, disappointment taking over her face.

"What's your problem?", I'm getting annoyed. I try to grab her a last time, but she pushes me away. "I won't wait for you to come in for forever, I'll just call any other slut then", I say and her mouth opens.

Wait, that's not how I meant it.

"I didn't..", I start to say and stumble forward but she backs away slowly. Her eyes are filling with tears and she looks at me in disgust. "..I didn't mean it that way", I say.

Ariana shakes her head and turns around before leaving me behind in my garden. Fuck, why is everyone in such a bad mood? I'll call Jessie, at least I'll have fun with her.

I slowly walk back into the house and slam the door behind me. "Sorry, didn't mean to be that rough", I say and look at the door. You never know, maybe it's also in a bad mood and I hurt its feeling by slamming it.

I chuckle and walk into the kitchen. I sit down at the table and pull out my phone. I want to call Jessie but somehow I end up calling Michael.

"Luke?", he yawns as he picks up. "Hello", I chuckle. "What the hell, man, it's not even seven in the morning!", he mumbles into the speaker. "Who cares?", I laugh. "What's wrong with you?", he asks and I laugh even harder. "Nothing..", I sing. "Are you drunk?!" "Noo..", I laugh again. "Shit, bro, can't you think of anyone else to call when you're drunk?", he asks slightly annoyed. "I already did", I tell him amused.

"I called Ariana but somehow she ended up running away from me crying.." "Wait, what?!", suddenly he seems wide awake. "Luke, what the fuck did you do?", he asks angrily. "Nothing", I chuckle. "Luke..", he says dangerously calm. "Tell me what happened." "I think she cried because I said I'll just invite any other slut over if she doesn't wanna come inside.. she acted weird from the start though.." "Any other slut?! Are you calling her a slut?!", Michael raises his voice. "No, I didn't mean it like that", I try to defend myself but I don't feel like he's listening to me anyway.